Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varbanov888
Paper Tape
Views: 1,816
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Z570 Intel WiFi Driver for Windows 10 problem

I have just installed windows 10 and cannot get my WiFi working. Tried evrything and all drivers I could find.

My adapter is intel(r) centrino(r) wireless-n 1000 and intel does not have windows 10 driver. Does anyone have this problem and how was solved

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,775
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Z570 Intel WiFi Driver for Windows 10 problem

@varbanov888 wrote:

I have just installed windows 10 and cannot get my WiFi working  ...  My adapter is intel(r) centrino(r) wireless-n 1000 and intel does not have windows 10 driver.

If you cannot find a driver for Windows 10, you might find that a driver for an older version of Windows would work, so look for a driver for Windows 8, Windows 7, or even Windows Vista. Smiley Surprised

If you want to install one of these older drivers, you need to run the installation EXE in compatibility mode.  Right click the EXE, then "Properties", then "Compatibility", and enable compatibility mode for the version of Windows for which the driver was intended.

Recently I installed on Windows 10 a driver for an ancient dot-maxtrix printer.  The most-recent driver that I could find was one intended for Windows Vista, but it installed without problem and the printer now works on Windows 10. Smiley Happy

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

varbanov888
Paper Tape
Views: 1,768
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your advise! I will try this later when i go back home. One more thing that I am wondering: I wanted to enter my BIOS to check if wifi is enabled but the system required password which I never set and don't have any idea what is. Do you have any tip for this issue?
Thank you
CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,765
Message 4 of 4

@varbanov888 wrote:
I wanted to enter my BIOS to check if wifi is enabled but the system required password which I never set and don't have any idea what is. Do you have any tip for this issue?

If you purchased the laptop second hand, it is likely that the original owner defined the BIOS password.  You need to contact the original owner and ask him/her for the password.

There is no way to reset a BIOS password other than by taking the laptop to a Lenovo Service Center and paying them to replace the motherboard.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Top Kudoed Authors