Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nyxx
Paper Tape
Views: 352
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Z580 Hinge Problem

I've had a problem with one of the hinges on my laptop for aprox. two months, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Lenovo about it.

The problem is that the plastic by one of the hinges has started coming up after it appears the hinge cracked. Now I've taken very good care of the laptop, having had it around 2 1/2 years. 

I'm really unhappy about this because I don't want to have to fork out on repairs, and it feels like a waste of money to have bought a laptop which hasn't lasted me because of this simple problem. As a student I like being able to take my laptop around with me to complete work and at the moment I can't because of the possibility of making the issue worse.

I was considering purchasing another laptop, but again, I don't want to get another Lenovo and have this issue, and this cost me around £500 when I first bought it and I don't want to have to buy another for that amount so soon, especially if it's not going to last. 

Help please?

ahmedz13
What's DOS?
Views: 317
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z580 Hinge Problem

Hi nyxx, 

Do post if Lenovo gets back to you, I am having the same issue as you on my laptop. By the looks of it, it seems like the hinge has cracked and have had it for roughly the same time as you did.

blltrkmn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 277
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Z580 Hinge Problem

I've got that problem too. Apparently it's common among Z580s. I don't know about the other models though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors