Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamie_nx01
Paper Tape
Views: 330
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Z580 Various Issues

Hi there,

I have been led here because of a few issues my dad is having with his new Lenovo Z580. 

It's a similar story, guy in his 50s gets a new laptop, has windows 8 and he almost throws it out the window, and so we have a genuine windows 7 license so I eventually get that on there. Everything seems to be ok apart from 2 things. 

1) The Bluetooth wont work. He has a Bluetooth mouse but it will not connect. Any ideas? I realize that the UK drivers site is absolutely atrocious, I has to go to the Chinese site just to get the WIFI working! 

2) Office will not install. This is strange one. I have genuine licenses for both 2007 and 2010. I started with 2007, its what he's used to. It goes through the whole install setup without a hiccup. Afterwards, I'll click on any of the office suite programs, and it will say "installing software" followed by "software installation failed" or something along those lines. Same with 2010. I have no idea what is causing this, and so all advice is much appreciated. 

Sincerest apologies if this has been posted before. 

Thanks in advance. 

Jamie. 

Highlighted
adorable
Fanfold Paper
Views: 304
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Z580 Various Issues

The Win8 driver is here: http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/0mbt09w8.exe

Try this one, uninstall the current Bluetooth in Device Manager.

--

As for Win7 & Office, goto http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/netbook-FX101850729.aspx

Redownload the Office installer and enter your key.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 299
Message 3 of 5

hi jamie_nx01,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Regarding your questions:

1. Upon checking the spare parts, it looks like you have a BCM920702 bluetooth module. Can you try to check this website to get the latest bluetooth software directly from Broadcom or install the driver below from lenovo website:

Bluetooth Driver (CyberTan, Liteon)

Windows 7 32 / 64bit

0mbt12ww.exe
373MB

After installing, follow this guide on how to pair your bluetooth mouse.

2. For the office installation error, check this Troubleshooting Office installation failures article.

If problem persist,, try to download a PKC version of MS Office and activate it using your license key:

a. MS Office 2007

b. MS Office 2010 

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

jamie_nx01
Paper Tape
Views: 280
Message 4 of 5

Thank you both very much. Have run out of time today but will attempt this tomorrow.

Thanks again!
jamie_nx01
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 5 of 5

Hello all,

Right, the bluetooth is fixed! The broadcom installer....didn't work. The windows 7 drivers.....didn't worked. The windows 8 drivers.....DID work! Windows 8 drivers on a windows 7 machine worked. Madness. But there you go!

The office problem is still there. Office 2007 and 2010 install fine, then when I try to run them, the installer comes up, fails, and nothing happens. I've also noticed that when I fire up Windows Live Mail, the installer dialog box comes up, but the program itself launches fine afterwards.

I've tried whats mentioned above, and tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times including using the Microsoft Fix It tool. Still no luck. Thinking of sending this darn thing back and getting a refund because this is getting silly!

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors