Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koubicl
Paper Tape
Views: 251
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Z580 no splash, no BIOS, no Boot

Hi everybody,

I saw many of problems like mine there, but I can't still do anything after several attempts to solve that. 

It started two weeks ago.. I did cleaned my hdd, then to keep my device lil a bit update I have updated few drivers.

First day, it was able to boot up after 10-15 attempts. (Holding down the power button, disc. battery, ac, reconnect and power button again). Since that time I was unable to get to the BIOS, set Boot order, and I couldn't see even the splash screen.

Several days it did the same and the attempts grew up. 

Last time it was able to launch, its about 4 days ago, I was watching, film then I felt asleep. When I woke up in the morning, the screen wasn't black but still slighty light(not off, fans were working, cooler was fine).

Since that moment I couldn't boot it anymore.

I tried reseting CMOS battery, tried to flash bios by using flash disk and Fn+R (laptop did different thing but after 15secs it has turned off).. I think it is frozen BIOS but I haven't clue what to do when I can't simply set the boot order. 

Maybe I am wrong and the problem is only in the motherboard.

Novo button works but everything I choose there, it ending by black screen again.

Thanks for help, maybe for any solutions how to fix this. I am prepared to buy another motherboard, but if I would be able to repair it on my own, I would happy.

Thanks,

Jakub.

grey_os
Token Ring
Views: 249
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Z580 no splash, no BIOS, no Boot

REPAIR!
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! I dont know what Kudo does but anyway xD
There is nothing like 192.168.1.1

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors