Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loft8
Token Ring
Views: 941
Message 21 of 26

Re: Lenovo Z580 will not start - Black Screen [SOLVED]

How can I do step 1 in the second part if my pc never starts and is always black?

scoobydoo19911
What's DOS?
Views: 469
Message 22 of 26

Torpilot, your solution save my z580. I was really thinking about something new, thanks to you there is no need for new notebook.

torpilot
Paper Tape
Views: 443
Message 23 of 26

Hi Scoobydoo19911

I am very pleased with your feedback and hear that my guide has brought life to yet another nearly dead Lenovo Laptop.

My post has been written for a long time ago. Nice that it can still be used.

Many friendly greetings from

Torpilot

giggs77
Paper Tape
Views: 327
Message 24 of 26

Hi Torpilot,

I had same symptoms as you but I could never get the laptop to boot up and so couldn't flash the BIOS. I opened up the motherboard , located the BIOS ROM, desoldered it and programmed it with the ROM file your link pointed to and soldered it back on the board.

After assembling the system, it does not power on now. Has anyone tried this method?

Thanks
LenovoZ580_
What's DOS?
Views: 304
Message 25 of 26

Hey,

First of all thanks for such a detailed post. I have been facing exact same issue since very long time. It has gotten worse every passing day. I read your post 3 days ago and ever since i am trying to start my laptop but it doesn't work. Is there anyway to flash bios without normal boot procedure? Fn + B will it work if normal bios doesn't boot up ? 

Also i had read somewhere that by shorting cmos/ bios ic you can get it working for once. Had you tried that or do you have any idea how can i try that

Nik227
Blue Screen Again
Views: 180
Message 26 of 26

First of all I'm sorry for my bad English . (google translate) I also face the same problem in the same type of laptop. I bought my lenovo z580   in 2014 with windows 8 and 2 years ago I made the free upgrade of the windows 10. About a month ago started not open the screen when I pressed the power button. in the begining is open in 5 attempts after 10. And now 30-40 times and if it's absolutely cold for 7-8 times. I wonder if the solution you give in the problem above can work in the windows 10 the bios i have is 5fcn91ww

I tried to upgrade the bios from the lenovo site but I failed.
i  make a bootable usb with another computer with windows 10 and it's done but i can not get into the lenovo bios mode to activate the boot from usb because when (through the windows because novo button dont work ) I go to choose to see the bios menu I have a black screen and I have to do a restart 30-40 times or let it cool for 2-3 hours so the effort is gone.  Any solution please ?
thank's
Nikitas

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors