Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjnsh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,421
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Z580

Hi everyone., gd mrng,,

I've taken new ideapad Z580 with preloaded windows 7 and other features like OKR, intelligent touchpad, etc!

I have bought ideapad Z580 last night which is with preloaded windows 7. Now the thing is what is One Key Rescue(OKR) system and how to get preloaded windows 7 back up to DVDs. The task is I need to get install server edition 2003 for my career course purpose. So, would u please suggest me the way i could follow to do., so tat i must have my windows 7 later that i can install after completing installation of server, having back up cds of my original OS, how to get the OS to cds, whats the main purpose of OKR and finally what are the procedures need to follow to get back all the functionalities like one key theatre, energy management, intelligent touchpad, etc features got from the system. b'COZ I have read that all these features will be gone if the system is formatted... pls help me in this regard as i m new to the community... 

Thanks in advance!

rjnsh

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,415
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Z580

Hello and welcome,

Have a look at page 31 of your user's guide:  Ideapad Z380, Z480, Z485, Z580, Z585 User Guide V1.0 (English)  "Creating a recovery disc(s)"

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

rjnsh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,410
Message 3 of 7

hi ., thanks for ur quick response..
i ve gone through that document and i mean to ask., 1) what are the procedures to follow to install server edition? 2) hidden partioned size is for recovery system means., when we are writing disks seperately with one key recovery system, then y again this hidden partition.,,. 3) & i have only 2 drives C: & D: in my brand new piece., but what to do if i want to increase partitions and labelling them to manage my data.. pls suggest!!
Tinderbox_UK
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,343
Message 4 of 7

Do not adjust the size or change the name on any of the partitions or one key recovery will not work, also make the recovery dvd`s as soon as you can.

John.

Win7 Lenovo Ideapad Z580 i5-3210m HD4000 Win7 x64 8gb 1600MHz Samsung 830 256GB SSD
rjnsh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,294
Message 5 of 7

hi., thanks for ur suggestion, today itself i ll back up the recovery in DVDS.

On my C: drive it was 398 GB free of 420 GB partition and D: is 21.3 GB free of 25.4 GB..

i am confused how to partition the things and recover the things back with my windows 7 OS again....

As u told not to resize the partition.. i need to use the space of the harddisk and makeup into further partitions without adjusting the size....How i can do this?? Pls pls suggest.. as i need to install server edition and then again the OS 7.

I want to makeup the harddisk into following:

C: 60 GB

D: 80 GB

E: 120 GB

F: 200 GB

pls ASAP suggest the procedure i need to follow...

Tinderbox_UK
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,265
Message 6 of 7

If you have an spare hdd/ssd clone the ordiginal hdd to it, i use acronis true image, then you can delete all the uneeded partions on the cloned hdd and expand or create new partitions as you see fit.

I use the free partition wizard boot cd to make my partition adjustments.

I never use the original hdd, i remove it as soon as i get the notebook, and make a image of it to another hdd/ssd so i always have the original hdd to fall back on if i need too.

John.

Win7 Lenovo Ideapad Z580 i5-3210m HD4000 Win7 x64 8gb 1600MHz Samsung 830 256GB SSD
madhuban25
What's DOS?
Views: 795
Message 7 of 7

hey rjnsh,

I've also purchased lenovo z580 W7 three months before and having same partition issue, so if your problem is solved then plsss help me how to do the partitions.

madhuban

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors