Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolenber
Paper Tape
Views: 4,180
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Z585 won't boot to DVD - skips straight to Windows

Hello, I just got a new IdeaPad Z585 from newegg, and I can't figure out how to boot to a disc in the DVD tray.

I have already tried opening the BIOS and changing the boot order, as well as simply going straight to the boot menu. I have tried with UEFI both enabled and disabled, as well as Secure Boot both enabled and disabled. No matter what I try, it will not boot into any DVD.

I'm trying to install Linux, and tried various discs and distributions of that. When none even reached GRUB, I tried a Windows 7 install disc, and even that is ignored.

What do I do?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,155
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Z585 won't boot to DVD - skips straight to Windows

Hi
The secureboot and uefi have to be disabled simaltaneously. You can try if you haven't.
Also, could you try pressing the novo button to power on your laptop. The novo button is the small one key reocovery button next to the power button. Then access boot menu a see if it helps.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Wolenber
Paper Tape
Views: 4,152
Message 3 of 5

Ah, you're right. I thought I had tried it with both disabled at the same time, but double checking that appears to have fixed it, thank you.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,150
Message 4 of 5

Happy to know your problem got fixed!
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
sktr1977
What's DOS?
Views: 136
Message 5 of 5

Thanks so much! Ripping what little hair I have left trying to figure this out!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors