US

3 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Z710 appears dead

2016-08-22, 1:46 AM

Hello All,

This weekend my Z710 seems to have become a brick!.  Some water has spilled on the cover but I am not sure if any seeped into the device.  

While traveling, by car, my computer was nestled underneath my bike, which dribbled some water from the water bottle onto the computer.  Later I tried to boot the computer and had no response what so ever.  The battery should have been fully charged but still I thought that perhaps the battery drained whil in my car.  I plugged in to power but still no response.  Normally I see a little light on the front to indicate power, or charging, this time I didn't see a thing not a flicker of LEDs, or a flash on the screen.  I tried removing the battery and booting with just the power brick.  Still nothing.

I removed the battery and the power supply and let it sit overnight.  Still nothing.

I found a suggestion to perform a hard boot: Remove battery and power and hold the power button for 60 seconds, then try again with just power.  Still nothing.

I am hoping there is something I can do to but I do not know what that might be.  Any suggestions?

Thanks all.

Not that it matters but it is a dual boot linux and windows 10.

Solved! See the solution
Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Z710 appears dead

2016-08-22, 14:59 PM

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.  Since water was spilled on it and it is questionable as to whether any of the water got inside, I would continue to leave it dry without powering it up and leave the battery out.  You might place the laptop open in a sunny spot for a couple of days.  This may aid in the drying.  

If the laptop still doesn't power up after drying there could still be water inside that would require additional dis-assembly to dry or the water caused an internal short when the battery was installed and powered which caused damage to a component or the water maybe just a coincidence and something else occurred to the laptop during your travel that is causing it not to boot.   In these instances it would be best to have the laptop inspected by a computer technician. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete