08-14-2018

US

38 Signins

158 Page Views

• Views: 158
  • Message 1 of 15

Lenovo Z710 boot problem

2018-10-21, 16:01 PM

I have a boot loop problem. The laptop runs with win 10 and when i turn it on the lenovo logo shows up and loops infinitely unless i start enter boot manager with FN+F12 and manually select windwos 10.

Options

8 Posts

08-14-2018

US

38 Signins

158 Page Views

• Message 2 of 15

Re: Lenovo Z710 boot problem

2018-10-23, 15:00 PM

Someone had the same issue ? 

Is there someone that can help

Options

296 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

243 Signins

957 Page Views

• Views: 957
  • Message 3 of 15

2018-10-23, 15:25 PM

Hi vhasekiev! 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Looks like a boot sequence conflict. Please go to BIOS and see the boot sequence's current setup. Should be set to UEFI and SSD first. 

Let us know what you got. If you could send a photo of the BOOT tab, Secutiy tab and Exit tab, we can check which part of the BIOS needs to be adjusted. 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

8 Posts

08-14-2018

US

38 Signins

158 Page Views

• Message 4 of 15

2018-10-25, 17:31 PM

Hello i tried with different settigns but it still has a boot loop. Also i want to add that i replaced the HDD with SSD and put the old HDD instead of the optical drive of the laptop.

Options

733 Posts

08-02-2018

US

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 5 of 15

2018-10-25, 18:34 PM

Did the issue occur after replacing the HDD with SSD? Where did you install the OS? Please try loading the BIOS to its default settings by pressing Fn+F9/F9, then Fn+F10/F10 to save and exit. Update us how it goes. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

8 Posts

08-14-2018

US

38 Signins

158 Page Views

• Message 6 of 15

2018-10-25, 19:00 PM

The OS is on the SSD and i tried to reset default settings its all the same. I am also not sure the default settings reset works.
Because I set a password on the BIOS and after going back to default the password is still there.

Options

175 Posts

09-06-2018

PH

128 Signins

731 Page Views

• Views: 731
  • Message 7 of 15

2018-10-25, 21:50 PM

Hello vhasekiev,

Did you do a clean install of windows 10 on the SSD? If you do not have Windows 10 Installation Media: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 4GB) using that tool or create the ISO file which you can later burn to DVD.

Once you have the bootable installation media created:

1. Shut down your system. remove the old HDD and install the SSD (there should be only the SSD attached to your system during the installation process)
  2. Insert the Bootable Installation Media
  3. Go into your BIOS and if SATA Mode is not set to AHCI, change it
  4. Change the boot order so the Installation Media is top of the boot order
  5. Save changes to BIOS and Reboot your system
  6. The Installation should start
  7. During the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Servers
  8. During the installation process, your system will reboot, at that point, you may need to go into your BIOS and change the boot order so your system boots from your Hard Drive, otherwise the installation may start all over again - do not remove the installation media at this point
  9. When Window 10 has finished installing and the desktop appears, shut your system down
  10. If you have a second HDD bay install the old HDD into it and start your system
  11. Make sure you can see both drives in Windows File Explorer, if not you may need to restart a couple of times for Windows to recognise both drives
  12. Install any required drivers (can be obtained from the support page on the Website of the manufacturer of your system
  13. When your system is up and running,
  • copy your data (files, images, music . . . etc.) from the old HDD into a temporary folder in the SSD
  • format the old HDD and name it Data Drive
  • copy the files back onto the old HDD
  • Delete the temporary folder from the SSD

Let us know. 

Options

5 Posts

10-26-2018

DK

6 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 8 of 15

2018-10-26, 14:49 PM

Same problem here!

I installed a new SSD instead of the SSHD and installed Ubuntu 18.04 on it with EFI. Everything works perfectly, I can switch on the Notebook and it boots into Ubuntu.

After intalling the SSHD into the DVD-tray it tries to boot from the SSHD. There is no EFI boot on this one, so it loops with the Lenovo-Logo. If I startup with the boot menu, I can select my SSD and it boots properly into Ubuntu. If I select Legacy boot, and reboot, it boots from the old SSHD which I don't want.

This is NO problem of the boot sequence, because in EFI there is only ONE entry, the new SSD with ubuntu.

The problem is, that the old SSHD always comes up as Hard Disk 1 and the SSD as Hard Disk 2 in the Information Tab.

Is there a way to change this?

Thanks in advance for helping!

Mod's Edit: merged this post into existing thread.

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 9 of 15

2018-10-26, 14:53 PM

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

296 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

243 Signins

957 Page Views

• Views: 957
  • Message 10 of 15

2018-10-26, 15:30 PM

We want to understand how the operating system was installed in the SSD. Was it by cloning the HDD to SSD or clean install? If you can provide the most detailed information before you got the issue. It will help us identify where the issue is coming.

If you will be changing the boot priority to the HDD, does it do the same issue? 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete