Did you mean: 
Highlighted
8bitnat
What's DOS?
Views: 466
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo display crashed, and now will not turn on

Hi everyone,

In advance, thanks for any help you can provide. I have a Lenovo Y450 laptop which was bought in 2009. It has worked just fine since. But a few weeks ago, during a video, the screen froze and covered itself in little red horizontal lines scattered in patches around the screen. It was very sudden - one minute I'm watching a video, the next BOOM. Since then, I can turn on the laptop but the display refuses to turn on. This morning I attempted to plug my desktop monitor into the laptop  to see if I could get the laptop screen to appear on the desktop monitor - still nothing. I'm debating what to do at this point because part of me would like to try opening the laptop to wiggle the video card a bit to see if it's a contact problem, but I also don't want to make the problem worse because I'm not sure how much I can afford to spend on laptop repair.

I'm running Windows Vista on the system. If there is any other information that should be provided, please let me know. Thank you!

Dollmaker
SCSI Port
Views: 439
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo display crashed, and now will not turn on

Display need to be replaced..  if its under warranty.. send it to service center... if  not.. buy display off eBay.. It will cost around $85 or so I think..  and get it replaced by local guy..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors