Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vonjourn
Not applicable
Views: 25,455
Message 1 of 14

Lenovo easy camera is still not supported in windows 7

I have a IdeaPad Y650, but since I upgrade to windows 7, the easy camera is still not supported. And I do not see lenovo has published windows 7 software for lenovo easy camera ...

daemon
Not applicable
Views: 25,439
Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo easy camera is still not supported in windows 7

Do not know exact what you mean with your mention "the easy camera is till not supported".

is that it till no work with driver and software for Vista for your Y650?

Allthough Lenovo till not publish such kind of software to update to windows 7 but driver and software for Vista till work well on my G530.

suggest that you should try to install Easy Camera Software for Vista which have published already before in Lenovo Support Website. During install, maybe you will see some notice, Pls keep ignore it, just say yes for all.

After finish install, run Easy Capture  from start menu, you will be ask to allow to run Easy Cature exe file, just mark do not ask again then click on "run this program" Easy capture will run as normal (as you have deal with it in Vista).

From the second time to run Easy Capture, it will have no Notice anymore (you have request Windows 7 not to ask again in the previous step). Easy Capture will run soothing from now on.

That is the way i work with Easy Camera (Easy Capture software)

vonjourn
Not applicable
Views: 25,435
Message 3 of 14

what i mean is, i cannot use camera on my Ideapad Y650.

I hate so many no use applications from lenova when I buy the laptop, so I clean installed windows 7. Everything works ok except that the camera not work. I downloaded drivers for vista and XP, but when i install, it errors as "incompatible device" so I cannot install at all.

Also I think lenovo needs to publish offical windows 7 driver for easy camera. if lenovo thinks vista driver is ok (i do not think so), they should also say that officially. The hack way of using vista driver on windows 7 might work for someone but not everyone

yigit
Not applicable
Views: 25,409
Message 4 of 14

install this, make sure you activated the camera before installation by pressing fn + esc.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_1759.html

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
bnrp28
Not applicable
Views: 23,447
Message 5 of 14

I am having problem with my y500. Though it is said that driver is used correctly but  usb camera is not working after i upgraded my loptop with windows 7, 32 bits.

yigit
Not applicable
Views: 23,389
Message 6 of 14

un-install the usb camera drivers first, press fn + esc to deactivate the lenovo camera, then install the usb camera drivers.

or just right click my computer > manage > device management > camera > find lenovo camera > right click and select "disable".

rmenian88
Not applicable
Views: 21,698
Message 7 of 14

When I tried to install the drive from the provided link, I got the message NO DEVICE MATCH. 

Puzzling.

yigit
Not applicable
Views: 21,680
Message 8 of 14

@ rmenian88

make sure your function keys working, if not re-install power management, then activate the camera, then install the drivers.

MRTHSMSN
Not applicable
Views: 19,243
Message 9 of 14

HI, I recently bought an ideapad z360. I have the same problem with the easy camera function. I am supported by Windows 7. All my function keys are working except the easycamera. I could not even find it in my prorgrams.I only confirmed that it was working because I tried using it in Instant Messaging. Please do help me. Ive tried installing the camera driver again but it didnt work. I would best appreciate it if you could give me a step-by-step method because im kinda new at this. Thank you very much!

yigit
Not applicable
Views: 19,230
Message 10 of 14

test your webcam first then post back the results.

you may need to re-install camera drivers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors