Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stouterj
Paper Tape
Views: 327
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo g780 Nvidia Card Stoped Working

Hello,

I have a G780 and the Nvidia grafics card stoped working.   I have reloaded the drivers servial times and this has not fixed the probelm.  The error I am getting is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".  The Nivida car that I have istalled is a Nvidia GeForce GT 635M which is hard mounted to the mother board.  How can I trouble shoot the GPU.  When I try to open the options for the GPU it says "Nvidia Display settings not available.  You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU".  Does this sound like I need ot replace the mother board to fix the problem? If so, where is the best place to buy a replacement?

Thanks

John

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 319
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo g780 Nvidia Card Stoped Working

@stouterj wrote:

Hello,

I have a G780 and the Nvidia grafics card stoped working.   I have reloaded the drivers servial times and this has not fixed the probelm.  The error I am getting is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".  The Nivida car that I have istalled is a Nvidia GeForce GT 635M which is hard mounted to the mother board.  How can I trouble shoot the GPU.  When I try to open the options for the GPU it says "Nvidia Display settings not available.  You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU".  Does this sound like I need ot replace the mother board to fix the problem? If so, where is the best place to buy a replacement?

Thanks

John

Try setting the bios to default. After booting reinstall all graphics driver (include Intel and you should install this first).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors