02-20-2011 07:33 AM - edited 02-24-2011 01:29 AM
0. find another computer connected to internet.
1. download bios file : http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/uk/en/DriversDow
2. download this file : http://narod.ru/disk/6016157001/Lenovo.Y560.Phoeni
3. extract the zip file, rename "30cn71ww.wph" file to "bios.wph" and copy this file under phoenix tool folder.
4. plug the usb stick ( not more than 4 gb or about 2-4 gb )
5. run wincris.exe > start > ok > ok > no
6. turn off your notebook. plug the ac power & battery & ready usb stick (into the port usb / e-sata?)
7. hold down Fn+R keys and while holding press the power button.
8. you should see usb blinking and hear fan noise, hold the keys for a while.
9. after 5 seconds, leave the computer alone. wait for auto restart ( may take couple of minutes 1 or 2 )
10. if it doesn't, restart your computer.
if it works, you will be able to access your computer.
ps. thanks for the translation
02-20-2011 01:18 PM - edited 02-20-2011 04:08 PM
i cant run it on x64 system? it shows error "
Warning: Service "WinCrisis" already exists
i click ok
error" failed to start service "wincrisis"
Edit: ok compatibility mode helped me to run it, but i follow all the steps,and when i boop with holding FN-R and usb in nothing happens, usb only lights and it doesnt shows anything installing, i reboot computer manualy and see it didnt update bios at al..?
edit2 Does this method applys only in case regular bios instalation has failed or it can be used anyway?
my laptop is working now with 59 version and im trying to flash it this way and nothing happends :/
02-21-2011 01:03 AM - edited 02-21-2011 08:55 AM
I think it may work on both (working and dead) . I did as Credence said.(I used 128 mb fat formated usb disk) It worked for me. After fn+r recovery started and usb drive started blink. After blink stopped i didn't touch anything. couple of minute later it restart automatically.
if it doesn't work try this method instead of 5 ( but use new version of PHLASH16.EXE - 22.214.171.124)
Use a usb stick and do a format as FAT from windows.
Run WINCRIS.EXE select your formated usb stick
Click the "Start" button wait and a message come and say to "Remove your stick and reconect" So remove the stick click "OK" to the window (do not close the WINCRIS.EXE and dont click anything else)
and reconect. Afer choose "YES" in the windows say "Do you whant to format onother crisis disk?" and click again the "Start" button.
(**This is to make sure we update the CRISBOOT.BIN in usb boot sector. For me works like that.)
(**If WINCRIS.EXE doesnt run and give an error try to run it in compatibility mod)
Remove your stick and reconnect, copy in the stick the "MINIDOS.SYS" "PHLASH16.EXE" and finaly your bios with name: "bios.wph".
02-21-2011 02:11 AM - last edited on 02-21-2011 03:10 AM by yigit
i have tried to copy the files to usb but some reason it was empty, which files should i copy?
У меня после всех манипуляций флешка почемуто пустая, какие файлы должны быть на ней записаны?
02-21-2011 03:01 AM - edited 02-21-2011 03:05 AM
due to this is internatioanl ( english ) forum, if you don't post your messages in spanish or german ( you can change the language from the menu top ), please, post your messages in english.
you can use translate.google.com
please, check your messages if it's correct, if not, edit your messages. ( options > edit reply )
moderator edit : russian messages translated into english.