Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angu_b
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 15,463
Message 1 of 16

Lenovo ideaPad z500 wi-fi connectivity issue

I have an ideapad z500 which I'm happy for, but it annoys me that when 'm at my college I can't properly connect to the wi-fi the school has. When I connect, I'm on for usually about half an hour, but then I get the "limited connection" yellow triangle and I have to deactivate the networkcard before I can get a normal connection
Other times I simply just can't connect, it tries but it fails. When it does, I have to reboot the computer before it succeeds, and that's no good when you are working on a project.

At home i have no problems, it works nicely.

Also, if there are anybody who knows how to enable the WiDi on the z500, it would be greatly appreciated.

I hope there are some of you tech savvy's who can help me out.

PS: My PC is running Win 8 with the Intel Centrino n2230, Intel 3rd. gen i7 (3632qm)

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 15,389
Message 2 of 16

Re: Lenovo ideaPad z500 wi-fi connectivity issue

hi Angu_b,

If your school uses a cisco router, check this KB article from microsoft. You may also check this limited connectivity fix

For the Intel Wireless Display with a Netgear Push to TV Adapter, check this article on how to make the WiDi work on Windows 8.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Angu_b
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 15,382
Message 3 of 16

Hey thanks man, I'll try it out when i get to my school, and regarding the WiDi, I installed it yesterday when i was updating different drivers, so that's no longer an issue.

Thank you very much for the video link.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 15,360
Message 4 of 16

hi Angu_b,

Hope it'll all work out.  You can also check the microsoft article below as an additional reference.

Enabling Wireless Display (WiDi) on Windows 8

Let me know your findings,

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Angu_b
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 15,341
Message 5 of 16

Hey Neokenichi

Thanks, I got it installed and it seems to work fine, I can launch the program nicely and it starts searching for compatible units, but I don't have any compatible units so I can't say for ure that it can find them (but i think so).

Anyways, thanks for the link, it said I should do the updates i did about a week ago so that must have been the reason why I can run the program now

Sincerest

Angu_B

RuShY
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,394
Message 6 of 16

Hi everyone.
I have a problem with WiFi on my Lenovo Z500.
Once I connect to the router everything is OK, but sometimes connection disconnects by itself.

WiFi indicator shows that the link is connected but there is no internet.

After disconnecting and connecting to the router again I have internet, but after 3-5 minutes I have to do this action again. Smiley Frustrated
I tried to reinstall the drivers, but the problem is still present.

What I have to do???

My Laptop is running Win 8 with the Intel Centrino n2230 (driver 15.8.0.5), Intel Core i5-3230m.

Please HELP!!! Smiley Sad

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 14,364
Message 7 of 16

hi RuShY,

Does the issue persist if you reboot to Safe Mode with Networking? In this mode, there's no security software running that's possibly interfering with your connection.

Best regards,

neokenchi

RuShY
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,293
Message 8 of 16

Hi neokenchi

I'm sorry for the stupid question, but how to start safe mode with networking???

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 14,215
Message 9 of 16

hi,

Check this website on how to boot in Safe mode with Networking.

Best regards,

neokenchi

toczic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 12,147
Message 10 of 16

hi.... This is my first expereince with Lenovo. I purchased ideapad Z500-20202   core i7, 1 tb hard drive, 8 gb ram. 2gb graphics. the laptop completely fails to my expectations on internet part. i am connected to a 60 mbps connection while my machine takes 25 minx to download 15mb file.. terrible.. kindly assist... Lenovo is becoming  nightmare for me...

Top Kudoed Authors