Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zither
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,775
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo ideaPad z500 wi-fi connectivity issue

Dear all,

My new Z500 ideadPad have some wifi connection problem. It connect but often drop off . My OS is windows 7 64 bits. I tried to turn off IP helper services but problem still occurs. There are another two laptops and other devices which use same connection but no problem. There is no IP conflict, I already check that.
I updated with latest wifi driver lenovo website. I also turn off power saving features that can turn off wifi in device manager.

Plz help me

Thanks
Zither

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 6,655
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo ideaPad z500 wi-fi connectivity issue

hi zither,

If you have the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 (wifi/bluetooth combo adapter), can you try to:

1. update your wireless driver below:

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows 8* (install this first)

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Bluetooth Software for Windows 8*

After updating the drivers, check if the wifi is now stable.

2. If same problem, press Winkey+R > type ncpa.cpl, On the list of connections, look for bluetooth and do a right click > disable and observe the wifi connection.

Let me know your findings,

neokenchi 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

dodh
Paper Tape
Views: 6,554
Message 3 of 7

suffering almost the same problem. my connection drops off time to time. i know it's not a router issue because i tried using my old laptop when z500 connection gone old laptop's connection was just fine. and other than that from my room i can get like 9-11 diferent wireless signals other than mine. when the connection drops it seems my wireless totatly collapses since i cant see any of the other connections as well. using W8 as OS
dodh
Paper Tape
Views: 6,553
Message 4 of 7

this is what i get when i try to autocheck/update

Link to image

Moderator note: images totalling more than 50k converted to links per forum rules:  Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 6,475
Message 5 of 7

hi dodh,

Looking at the picture, it says you have an Atheros AR9485 Wireless Adapter. Try to update your wireless card driver below and observe:

Drivers for Atheros AR9485 and Windows 7

Version: 10.0.0.234 Release: 2013-03-14   [March '13]
File: win7-10.0.0.234-whql.zip

Let me know your findings,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

mef601
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,932
Message 6 of 7

the wires on my wifi card were connected to wrong connector.

remove the keyboard, the screws under it, and the screws from the bottom of the unit. carefully remove the base. make sure the Aux wire connected to the wifi card is black. Main lead should be white, Aux is black.

dodh
Paper Tape
Views: 4,376
Message 7 of 7

sorry for the late answer , wasnt using this uselless laptop that cant even get a stable connection.

tried everything on forums and still the same
and this driver worked like a charm. now in additon to constantly connection drops i have bad signal/connection also. so the times between the drops now i have even worse connection.

since i m stuck with this computer again and its more than over a year now since this connection drops exist i wanna know is this company even came up with a solution?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors