Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joelbritto
Fanfold Paper
Views: 165
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo ideapad Y510p design failure

Hello fellow Lenovo users, i will start by saying having been a Lenovo brand user since my X41 in 2006 and having purchased over 8 laptops from the brand based on the rich experiences i have had over the years i am really disapointed at my Y510p i purchased a few years ago. After ownership of 6months i started to notice the screen would flicker as stated by hundreds of other owners.(just type Y510p screen flicker into youtube and see for yourself)

I am sure this issue is not new to you  and there are many posts about this.

After contact with customer services who constantly tell me it is driver/software related, which it clearly is not i would like to ask why such a prestigious brand such as Lenovo will not admit that this model was shipped with a design fault?

I understand that there would be expense involved but after being an avid fan of Lenovo for over 15 years and having purchased over 13 products from tablets for my kids to phones for my wife and the new laptop i buy every 2 years for work, this is small fry.

I can never buy another machine from you again now as i have lost all faith in your design/testing and the lack of willingness to accept liability when so many units have the issue makes me sad.

This has become a bit of a rant, which i know is not what he forum is about but i feel people should know all the details about a company ethos before they spend their hard earned money on a sub standard machine. (at least in the Y510p)

The irony is i purchased a yoga 500 (at half the price) as a stand in 6 months after i purchased the Y510p as i was so busy with work (touring sound engineer) that by the time i got home and tried to sort it out under warranty i found it was out by 2 days.. A joke. (and yes i was away for 6 months on tour).

I now have the joy of returning it to service department who will change a lot of bits at my expense and from the reports from other users it will exhibit the same issues a few weeks after.

So again i would ask why was there not a product recall on this model?  The company must be aware of the number of people that had this problem!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors