Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AVan
Paper Tape
Views: 803
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo ideapad Y570 flashing power light

So several months ago my laptop started to have a problem where periodically the power light would begin flashing as well as the charging light. The power light would blink a while color that it normally is and the charging light would blink orange. When this happens the battery will stop charging, but will occasionally resume if I unplug and replug the power. I don't think this is a battery related problem because if I try to boot up my latpop without the battery in, it will get half way through then it will just shut off. I should note that when the battery is plugged in I have the flashing light problem during start up but it will usually be fixed with unplugging and replugging the power cord a time or two.

This is a really frustrating problem and really limits what I can use my laptop for these days and I'd like to see if it's something that can be fixed at a reasonable cost.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 774
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo ideapad Y570 flashing power light

Page 30 Hardware Maintenance Manual
Power On led
Blinking white: System is in sleep mode.

Battery Status led
Blinking amber: (100ms off/3.2s on) The battery is being charged with the remaining
power between 5% and 20% of its capacity.

AVan
Paper Tape
Views: 765
Message 3 of 6

I can confirm that neither of what you described is the problem I'm having. Maybe I did a bad job of describing what my problem was before, so I'll try again. This happens when my computer is in use (I'm browsing the web, using microsoft office, ect...) My computer will be working normally, plugged in, battery charging, everything is fine. Then the white led power light will begin blinking white and simultaniously the battery charging light will begin blinking amber. When this happens the battery will stop charging and will begin to consume battery charge (because it isn't being charged anymore).

This problem is particularly frustrating because if I'm using a program such as matlab for school and my laptop stops charging my battery will die very quickly.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 755
Message 4 of 6

@AVan wrote:

I can confirm that neither of what you described is the problem I'm having. Maybe I did a bad job of describing what my problem was before, so I'll try again. This happens when my computer is in use (I'm browsing the web, using microsoft office, ect...) My computer will be working normally, plugged in, battery charging, everything is fine. Then the white led power light will begin blinking white and simultaniously the battery charging light will begin blinking amber. When this happens the battery will stop charging and will begin to consume battery charge (because it isn't being charged anymore).

This problem is particularly frustrating because if I'm using a program such as matlab for school and my laptop stops charging my battery will die very quickly.

What I have given is just the interpretation on what you have stated earlier and the interpratation is base on the stated manual.

AVan
Paper Tape
Views: 743
Message 5 of 6

I appreciate the effort you put in, but unfortuantely it doesn't help with my problem.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 734
Message 6 of 6

@AVan wrote:

I appreciate the effort you put in, but unfortuantely it doesn't help with my problem.

The best solution to your problem is to contact Lenovo. The forum is just a place where owners share info and help each other on problems encountered in their units. Yes, there are staff participating but not most of the time that they are participating. Since time is of utmost importance in your case a call is the best solution.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors