Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 101 of 117 (1,471 Views)

Re: Lenovo ideapad Z710 How to disable function keys?

Hello Cleo!

Can I get the information on how to update the BIOS for Lenovo Ideapad Z710 ? Can you send me the BIOS update please? I have the same problem like the others with the F4 key.

Thank you

Retired SuperMod
Message 102 of 117 (1,461 Views)

Hi Kunnga, welcome to the forums,

as previously stated in the thread; you need to contact support in your country, the BIOS update is NOT being distributed through the forums.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Punch Card
Message 103 of 117 (1,392 Views)

[ Edited ]

I somehow understand the risk of bios update but it is 2014, it is common.

I have the same problem F4 closes everything but I will NOT send my laptop 400Km away for a bios update, guys give the file and a tutorial please!!

Fanfold Paper
Message 104 of 117 (1,379 Views)

You need to contact customer support as stated numerous times in this thread.

Lenovo Staff
Message 105 of 117 (1,157 Views)

Hi All,

Good news. After many round of request from us (front end team), our engineering and web team are working on getting this BIOS (which obviously solve for many users) to be available in Lenovo support site! I'll let you know when the public link is up.

Stay tuned!

Regards,
Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
Message 106 of 117 (1,111 Views)

How it is possible to contact support.

>> You need to contact customer support as stated numerous times in this thread.

Service Request is impossible

Note:
i) Only applicable for THINK branded products ii) For IDEA branded products, kindly contact our support centre for assistance.

at product page support for Z710

http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-z-series-laptops/ideapad...

there is link:

My machine encounters a specific problem, only BIOS update can fix it. What do i do next?

there is Please contact the Technical Support for further assistance.

but page is not available

http://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/gb/en/page%20not%20found?item=%2fproducts%2flaptops-and-netbooks%2fi...

How can I contact support, please ?

it is impossible for me ....

:-(

Fanfold Paper
Message 107 of 117 (1,095 Views)

Try the first contact customer support link you quoted. Click on phone support, pick yopur country and call them if yoy are having problems finding your answer. The phone support was very helpfull to me.

Fanfold Paper
Message 108 of 117 (1,094 Views)

Pardon the spelling mistakes, there is no edit post available.

Paper Tape
Message 109 of 117 (1,038 Views)

Bump.

Lenovo Support, please publish ASAP that BIOS update on support page...

Or someone please send me it (google my mail)

BTW Some more complains:

* why there's no official support e-mail, so I'd to register here (I don't like and don't have time to call support)

* please fix Lenovo Power Manager app, latest versions driver doesn't work after installing with other drivers "in wrong sequence"...

* Audio driver also doesn't work for me Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 110 of 117 (983 Views)

Hi there, I'm also experiencing this issue. Tried to call the local (czech) support and their answer was that they will not provide the bios for me. They just don't do that. So what to do? Is there someone who can send me a link to download it? Please...

Thanks.

Top kudoed Authors