cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romanh
Paper Tape
Views: 4,456
Message 111 of 117

Re: Lenovo ideapad Z710 How to disable function keys?

Same experience for Slovakia.

no bios - they told that the update will be available soon on the web.

But soon can be next year... :-)

I used autohotkey script to switch F2 key to F4 and F11 to F2

; idealpad
<!F4:Smiley Frustratedend {F4}
F2::F4
F11::F2

and now I can use F2 as the standard F4 with other combination with CTRL and ALT

stepand76
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,451
Message 112 of 117

@romanh Thanks, but It's not solution for me. I'm accustomed to F4... But how the other users in this thread got the fixed bios? There must be a way to...

stepand76
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,425
Message 113 of 117

Thanks to all who sent me link to the fixed BIOS via PM! It works for me.

vladiss
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,402
Message 114 of 117

Hello, this is all fine, but the problem is that I already wrote email to support here in slovakia, and also sent a private message to Cleo_Lenovo asking for that update and i got no response at all.  I don't know whether this is due to the fact that this thread has been closed for some time.  But this doesn't mean that other people magicaly stopped having that problem (meaning issue with F4 key stuck with Alt )  It's a really frustrating glitch that and makes me unable to work in certain programs properly.  I am kindly asking again for that BIOS update.  

please respond

thank you

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 4,390
Message 115 of 117

@Cleo_Lenovo wrote:
Hi All,

Good news. After many round of request from us (front end team), our engineering and web team are working on getting this BIOS (which obviously solve for many users) to be available in Lenovo support site! I'll let you know when the public link is up.

Stay tuned!

Regards,
Cleo

Admin's in-boxes get full of unsolicited private messages, sometimes into the hundreds, and if they were to answer all of them they probably wouldn't have very much time, if any, to deal with issues in the forums.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,346
Message 116 of 117

Hi All,

I'm chasing the backend team again for the release of the BIOS. They just did it for G700 last week.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,296
Message 117 of 117

Hi All,

The fix for the issue of closing windows whenever pressing Fn+F4 can be fixed with new BIOS version 7FCN90WW and above.

Finally, the BIOS with now version 7FCN95WW has been available in support site last week. Check below:

BIOS UPDATE FOR WINDOWS 7 (32-BIT, 64-BIT), WINDOWS 8 (32-BIT, 64-BIT), WINDOWS 8.1 (32-BIT, 64-BIT)...

Sorry for inconvenience caused. It's a challenge to change the process and we're happy that we finally make a progress this year.

Best regards,

Cleo

P.S. I posted a recommendation earlier in this message 70 page 7 by directing users to service centre for flashing the BIOS 7FCN90WW.

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors