cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmokeyDevil
What's DOS?
Views: 256
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ideapad Z710 won't boot past Lenovo splash screen (OS is Linux Mint)

My girlfriend's lenovo ideapad Z710 won't boot up past the Lenovo splash screen. She turned it on this evening and it just keeps refreshing to the Lenovo splash screen. She can't access the bios as far as I know, and she tried the CMOS battery thing as far as I'm aware and that didn't work. It won't boot into the OS and just keeps refreshing to the Lenovo splash screen. Any help would be appreciated. it's a fairly old laptop but it's needed and we can't seem to get it to boot up again.

draco2527
802.11n
Views: 229
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad Z710 won't boot past Lenovo splash screen (OS is Linux Mint)

Novo button

When the computer is off or in hibernation mode, press
this button to start the Lenovo OneKey Recovery system
or the BIOS setup utility,

or to enter the boot menu.

More information here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Ideapad-Z710-Getting-to-the-Bios/td-p/1863063

PS: More then likely your HDD is toast. Best case scenario, your OS is corrupted. Either way, you will have to reload the OS!

Currently own: T61, X220T, X220, X230, T430, T450, W550s 3K,
SmokeyDevil
What's DOS?
Views: 226
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad Z710 won't boot past Lenovo splash screen (OS is Linux Mint)

Thanks for the response! I had a feeling it might be the hard drive......Not sure if it's worth replacing or if I should just bite the bullet and buy her a new laptop. She has a desktop, and the laptop is just used on a night when she's in her bedroom, usually to talk to me (We're in a long distance relationship ATM) so i'm wondering if it's worth replacing the drive or if getting a whole new laptop would be the better option. I'll try that though, thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors