cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghunathece
Paper Tape
Views: 2,535
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo ideapad keyboard typing slashes automatically & mouse pointer freezes sporadically

My Z560 Ideapad laptop have issues with keybaord automatically typing slashes & 7 sporadically. Mouse pointer is also freezes sporadically. I have used one key recovery to bring my laptop to factory settings. It didn't resolve this issue. I am little confused whether this is a virus issue or issue with my keyboard. Kindly provide your suggestions.

gurucharapathy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,437
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo ideapad keyboard typing slashes automatically & mouse pointer freezes sporadically

I have a similar problem. recently my Z560 purchased in Jan 2010 has started typing  'full stops' automatically at random times. This does not occur all the time. But when it starts, it is really difficult to type anything as every text is interspersed with many full stops. Because of this keyboard issue with one key constantly pressed, some web pages are unbrowsable. Is this a hardware or a software problem ? Can you please provide a solution. 

DKNH9738
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,421
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo ideapad keyboard typing slashes automatically & mouse pointer freezes sporadically

This sounds like "my problem", see:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Keyboard-keys-unwanted-charaters-Z500-Win-8...

Unfortunately I have no solution yet.

gurucharapathy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,215
Message 4 of 4

I narrowed down the problem to the faulty number pad key  ".  or  Del". This keeps misfiring.  I used some freeware tools to disable this key and the problem was resolved. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors