Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xdaiskex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,763
Message 1 of 24

Lenovo ideapad y410p slow start up boot time

Just recently got my lenovo ideapad y410p and I've noticed that it has a somewhat slow boot up time. It seems to stay at the lenovo logo for about 50 seconds then goes to the login page. I do have windows 8.1 so I'm wondering if that's the case, but the thing is I had about the same boot up times with windows 8 before i upgraded to 8.1. Is there any way to cut down the boot up speed? I've seen videos of this labtop booting up in less than 10 seconds and my brother's labtop which has about half the specs start up in about 5 seconds. 

xdaiskex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,719
Message 2 of 24

Re: Lenovo ideapad y410p slow start up boot time

bump

cbautis2
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,717
Message 3 of 24

You might want to try this: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6320-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-8-a.html

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
xdaiskex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,696
Message 4 of 24

I already had fast start up enabled though

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,681
Message 5 of 24

@xdaiskex wrote:

Just recently got my lenovo ideapad y410p and I've noticed that it has a somewhat slow boot up time. It seems to stay at the lenovo logo for about 50 seconds then goes to the login page. I do have windows 8.1 so I'm wondering if that's the case, but the thing is I had about the same boot up times with windows 8 before i upgraded to 8.1. Is there any way to cut down the boot up speed? I've seen videos of this labtop booting up in less than 10 seconds and my brother's labtop which has about half the specs start up in about 5 seconds. 

In addition to what has been suggested try running/accessing Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del. Select "Startup". Try to disable as many as you can, those programs not needed in the startup process. Reboot and observed. Do also a Clean Disk to removed temporary files, etc. Do also the optimized hdd after the clean disk operation then reboot after.

xdaiskex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,673
Message 6 of 24

I've disabled some of the start up apps, but keeping some that seems important, so far the one that has high impact on start up is intel services manager, delayed launcher, hd audio background and lenovo battery management. There's also some medium ones that I have no idea what they are such has hkcmd module, igfxtray module, btmshellex, etc. 

"Do also a Clean Disk to removed temporary files, etc. Do also the optimized hdd after the clean disk operation then reboot after."

How do i do this last part?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,664
Message 7 of 24

@xdaiskex wrote:

I've disabled some of the start up apps, but keeping some that seems important, so far the one that has high impact on start up is intel services manager, delayed launcher, hd audio background and lenovo battery management. There's also some medium ones that I have no idea what they are such has hkcmd module, igfxtray module, btmshellex, etc. 

"Do also a Clean Disk to removed temporary files, etc. Do also the optimized hdd after the clean disk operation then reboot after."

How do i do this last part?

Go to Control Panel/System and Security. Under Administrative Tools you will see the two mentioned process.

xdaiskex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,654
Message 8 of 24

Oh yea I remember doing those steps too, but the slow start up happened after my 2nd time turning on the labtop when I got it. I don't know if 1 min is considered fast or slow for a boot up, but I figured after looking through videos of it booting up, it would be at least half a minute

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 6,622
Message 9 of 24

@xdaiskex wrote:

Oh yea I remember doing those steps too, but the slow start up happened after my 2nd time turning on the labtop when I got it. I don't know if 1 min is considered fast or slow for a boot up, but I figured after looking through videos of it booting up, it would be at least half a minute

You can try some of the tweaks in this article.

xdaiskex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,592
Message 10 of 24

Alright I've researched a bit and found out that the reason why it stays at the lenovo for about a minute is because it's loading the O.S which is windows 8.1. Wondering if that's the main problem though. I did manage to decrease the time it stays at the lenovo logo from 50 seconds to 40 but thats about it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors