Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xdaiskex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,253
Message 21 of 24

Re: Lenovo ideapad y410p slow start up boot time

I've just uninstalled avg and used windows defender that came with the labtop a few minutes ago and have performed a scan. I have also used CCleaner as well. I think it's because of the lack of an ssd might be the reason why the labtop doesn't boot up in seconds. But yea most of the time booting up is spent staring at the lenovo logo

xdaiskex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,233
Message 22 of 24

Hmmm welp after i switched to windows defender, the logo time got cut in half but that time went over to the time it takes to get to the login page so it still takes about over a minute. hmm.

rvcjew
802.11n
Views: 1,220
Message 23 of 24

yeah like i said your hdd is probably 5400rpm and not 7200 which slows it down some and on top of that no ssd for caching. that being said one minute on that hardware is not to bad and pretty realistic instead of using windows defender and avg i would use MSE but hats just me. EDIT: been on tom may forums lately and forgot you have 8 , so in that case MSE is built-in as dfender and it is really all you need besides maybe a better firewall if you want it.

I own a Y510p SLI (retired), Yoga 2 Pro, P50 4K, X1C5
xdaiskex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,208
Message 24 of 24

alright, i thought the boot time got cut in half when i saw the logo disappear only after 20 seconds, but then i realized that the time shifted and made the waiting time for the log in page to appear longer 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors