Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayt1
Paper Tape
Views: 179
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ideapad y510p windows 10 core I7 boot up failure

1. Hi, when I try to boot up the laptop its goes past the lenovo screen onto the screen where you select your profile, it automatically selects my profile, then after this screen it's just black, I can see the bottom bar and the cursor but I cant click anything or do anything. I've tried a few things I've seen online to try sort this problem but nothing, and when I try to factory reset the laptop I press the lenovo button on the side of the laptop, select system recovery and it does nothing it just boosts the laptop up back to the black screen any help would be appreciated thanks.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 116
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad y510p windows 10 core I7 boot up failure

Hi Jayt1!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Are you able to test if the computer is still functioning on the BIOS of the computer? We would be able to identify its cause it the computer responds when you are on the BIOS. This isolates the case between hardware and software.

You can also follow the steps provided here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht506677 to resolve the black screen issues on your Y510P.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Jayt1
Paper Tape
Views: 112
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad y510p windows 10 core I7 boot up failure

Thank you I will try it when I'm back home, and get back to you 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors