03-24-2016 01:57 PM - edited 03-24-2016 01:58 PM
- right now the laptop wont start up at all it just gets stuck on the lenovo boot screen/ restarts itself
- laptop is trying to do something and feel hot
- i have reinstalled using lenovo one key recovery twice, 1st time finished in an hr or so, 2nd time took about 25 hrs
- system recovery using the NOVO key doesnt work
- i only backed up my personal files, it was mostly smooth (~20MB/s) but there were random files that went really slow/stuttered (~0 to maybe 100 kB/s)
- opened up the whole thing, tried clean/replug hard drive
does this mean i need a new hard drive?
if so, how do i go about installing windows on the new one because laptop wont start so i cant backup windows files for the registration key?
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-24-2016 02:26 PM
Sure looks like the hard drive is failing, and needs to be replaced.
If it is under warranty, I would have it fixed under warranty.
If not, Lenovo support should be able to send you recovery media to reinstall Windows (WIndows 8?), and I believe on that model the Windows Product ID is stored in the BIOS, so the Windows product ID key will be applied automatically when you reinstall.
03-25-2016 07:13 AM
Looks like a hard drive corruption. Lenovo support should take care of that for you if it's under warranty.
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!