Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dionysvs
Paper Tape
Views: 526
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ideapad z500 hard drive problem?

hdd problem.jpg

- right now the laptop wont start up at all it just gets stuck on the lenovo boot screen/ restarts itself

- laptop is trying to do something and feel hot

- i have reinstalled using lenovo one key recovery twice, 1st time finished in an hr or so, 2nd time took about 25 hrs

- system recovery using the NOVO key doesnt work

- i only backed up my personal files, it was mostly smooth (~20MB/s) but there were random files that went really slow/stuttered (~0 to maybe 100 kB/s)

- opened up the whole thing, tried clean/replug hard drive

does this mean i need a new hard drive?

if so, how do i go about installing windows on the new one because laptop wont start so i cant backup windows files for the registration key?

thanks

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 517
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad z500 hard drive problem?

Sure looks like the hard drive is failing, and needs to be replaced.    

If it is under warranty, I would have it fixed under warranty.    

If not, Lenovo support should be able to send you recovery media to reinstall Windows (WIndows 8?), and I believe on that model the Windows Product ID is stored in the BIOS, so the Windows product ID key will be applied automatically when you reinstall.

Good Luck

http://www.lenovo.com/contact/uk/en/

Lenovo Support - United Kingdom
0333-777-3991 (National Rate)
9:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday

Guru
Views: 492
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ideapad z500 hard drive problem?

Looks like a hard drive corruption. Lenovo support should take care of that for you if it's under warranty.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors