Did you mean: 
smoothie
Paper Tape
Views: 785
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo partition issue

Hi,

Since I'm new on this forum I'd like say hello Smiley Embarassed

My problem clearly says that I'm a little bit stupid. What happened to me was an issue that I encountered while installing Windows 8 Pro on my brand-new Y580. There were three partitions on my HDD, one which was empty, one weighing more or less 20 GB and the Lenovo one. I had to format the HDD and convert it into gpt using cmd (I read this on some forum) because I wasn't able to install the system on the empty partition (in fact, I wasn't able to install it on any one). An error popped up: "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, Windows can only be installed to GPT disks". So I followed some instruction I found on the net which led to the Lenovo partition being removed.

My question is: is there a smallest chance for me to get back those files? Is it possible to download them? Is it possible to restore them?

I hate this situation because I can't use my system recovering button and the button which allows to change screen settings. I'm also unable to open some program which manages bluetooth and wifi setting (Fn+F5 shortcut, I believe). The computer is usable, but in far more inconvenient way.

Continuing, were I able to deal with the HDD problem in some other way? I mean, without having to format it.

I'd be truly grateful for any helpful responce.

Thanks in advance.

smoothie
Paper Tape
Views: 720
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo partition issue

Anyone? Smiley Sad

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 714
Message 3 of 4

Good day and welcome to the community.

Please understand that this is principally a peer-to-peer forum as described in the Community Rules:

"While members from Lenovo may participate at intervals to engage in the discussions and offer advice and suggestions, this forum is not designed as a dedicated and staffed support channel. This is an informal and public forum..."

As it's the weekend, forum activity is usually a bit slower, but hopefully, members that can assist you will see your thread once traffic picks up again tomorrow.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 704
Message 4 of 4

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors