GB

4 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo switched to old laptop

2016-10-23, 13:45 PM

Good afternoon,

Not sure if anyone has seen this before. I previously used an ASUS laptop but have moved on to a Lenovo Y70-70 Touch Laptop. All of a sudden (22nd October) something happened overnight and when I used laptop next day it seemed really really slow and when used for football manager 17 (beta) the preference screen stated I had a really low quality graphics card. I then started looking more depth and notices that the desk top picture had reverted to the screen picture my old ASUS laptop had, which was simply a picture of the laptop itself. I have no clue how this happened or how I fix it. I seem to have lost a lot of quality the Lenovo laptop had and seem to have revert to ASUS on my new laptop

Options

10957 Posts

01-02-2010

US

39564 Signins

412542 Page Views

• Views: 412542
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo switched to old laptop

2016-10-23, 14:57 PM

I don't know anything about Football Manager, but it sounds like it simply was not setup to support your GPU (GTX860M???).  This is common, especially on pre-release (beta) software.  I suggest contacting the software publisher.  As far as your desktop background changing, it cannot happen by itself.  You may have set preferences somewhere to sync your settings across all your machines.  Google and Microsoft are likely, but anything granted administrative permissions could do it.  (football manager?????)  How to fix it and stop it from happening again would depend on what operating system you run and what made the change.

Rich

To help with forum searches, check this out: https:/forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs/Using-Browser-Search-to-find-your-answers-in-Lenovo-and-Moto-Community/m-p/5016916

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete