Intel HD 4600
Latest available Driver version 15.40.10.64.4300

Two downloads:
win64_154010.4300.exe
win64_154010.4300.zip

1. Download the zip file and unpack.
2. Go to Device Manager and update the display driver for Intel hd 4600
3. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
4. Select "Browse" and look for the location of unpack win64_154010.4300.zip file
5. Follow instruction
Andreas_123
Paper Tape
Views: 480
Message 14 of 25

Re: Lenovo y 70 70 Intel HD Graphics 4600 stopped responding

In this forum. He answered my question. On the left side of the postings you see the name of the person who posted it. Look for LenBlazer.
robysum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 437
Message 15 of 25

thank you LenBlazer

I did as you said, but apparently I am not allowed to install the driver intel 15.40.10.64.4300 cause the one I have is the most suitable, it says.. (10.18.15.4279)
so I tried uninstall this driver to reinstall the one you advised.. I uninstalled, I restarted the pc, and when I go to device manager I found again the 10.18.15.4279 automatically installed

I wrote an email to lenovo asking where I am wrong, they say I should be sure that I installed before intel HD graphics and then NVidia driver.. so I did.. but nothing changed.
I called the lenovo support and on line the assistent checked my settings, arrested some services and told me to try this way.. nothing changed..

When I use Skype, not always, but often, the driver Intel lock the access to skype, so the other one on the call can see me, but I cannot see him.
When I use Blender for 3d modelling (always used even in the oldest pc I have), the same driver intel stops working and I loose all the unsaved work I did on blender.
Beside this mess, let's say also that my screen is flickering, especially when I use a browser, my battery is fully charged and the alimentation cable is plugged.

It's 6 months now I am quarelling with this problems.. and I really start to regret having bought a lenovo pc
if someone can help me please, wuld be really appreciated

Andreas_123
Paper Tape
Views: 424
Message 16 of 25

I can tell you how I did: I went to Systemsteuerung / Geraetemanager / Grafikkarte selcted the graphic card and clicked Treibersoftware aktualisieren. Then I selected Treibesofteare automatisch aktualisieren and it searched in the web and installed a version which is working fine now.

Sorry - I do not know the english entries ...

robysum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 403
Message 17 of 25

Well, nothing strange what you have done.. it is supposed to work this way.
If it did to me I wouldn't be here asking for help.

Systemsteuerung = Control Panel
Geraetemanager = Device Manager
Grafikkarte = Graphic card
Treibersoftware aktualisieren = Driver Update
Treibesofteare automatisch aktualisieren = Automatic Driver Updating

Thank you anyway
at least I know that there is something weid for certain

robysum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 396
Message 18 of 25

thank you LenBlazer, I hope I solved it, basing on your information..
It didn't work at the beginning, I don't know why.. but that's roughly what I did..
I donwloaded the same version you advised win64_154010.4300.zip
I uninstalled the previous Intel driver, and Nvidia driver too
the system automatically recognized that the drivers were missing and installed them back without letting me choose what, how and when
so I did as you said, updating Intel driver, but choosing to browse my computer instead of an automatic update
the update started.. it took quite a long time, but at the end it worked
now the installed version of intel HD 4600 is 20.19.15.4300, that strangely is not the same version you pointed out (15.40.10.64.4300) but it comes from the same download win64_154010.4300.zip 
the funny thing is that Intel support site should help you in doing that, but they say Lenovo is customized and you cannot install that driver, you should go to lenovo support instead
and in lenovo support, guess what? there is no such a driver you can download, only the wrong version
fortunately there is LenBlazer
and fortunately there's Andrea_s who pushed me to him
you both should take part of the price I paid for this product, cause apparently the 2 big companies who took that money aren't able to give a sufficient support

thank you very much
well.. happy it seems working now

robysum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 387
Message 19 of 25

well, it seemed solved.. but it's still flickering sometimes
as soon as I answered the last time, I received an email from lenovo assistence-italy.. who suggests me to update the BIOS (I did 4 months ago) and to use only the graphic drivers I can find on Lenovo site..
that means: "KEEP YOUR PROBLEM"

or go to the assistence to repair you new product

1 thing that I want to remark:
from support.lenovo.com there was an automatic recognizment of your product but since 4 months ago it doesn't recognize automatically MY new product
I have to insert the serial number manually, and it worked, for the last 2 months.. now it says that it cannot recognize my serial number.. is it unbelievable?

robysum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 358
Message 20 of 25

another update..
speaking about the flickering of the screen:
I activated the preservation mode in Lenovo Energy Manager, the one that limit the battery charge to 60%, and at voilà the flickering disappeared and didn't come back for the whole day.
I used the last driver that Lenovo delivers on support.lenovo.com
I funnily see that although this problem is really common amongst Lenovo products in internet you cannot find this information.. you only find video of people who open up the laptop to clean by blowing the inside connectors (ahahah), or people who change the monitor (losing the garantee???), replace the product, the charger.. most of who find back the problem again a short time later.. also the solutions that the assistence gives are not definitive solutions, they work a bunch of minutes..
changing the driver, changing the order in which you installed the driver.. once the assistance service made me even roll-back to windows 8.1, to install all the drivers (supposing I didn't installed them before, but instead I had done), and then install again windows 10.. to me it really sounds like a way to make you lose time.. time is money, time is garantee, garantee is money..
I will go to the assistence in a short time. I'm pretty sure by now that the problem are not the drivers (at least, not for the flickering of the screen) but it's a bad management of the battery.
Now let's let speak who's leading the advises here, e.g. LenBlazer
I'd like to ask you, LenBlazer, if the "Len" in your nick is related to Lenovo.. are you working for Lenovo?

bye everyone

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors