Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GosuGameR
Serial Port
Views: 1,822
Message 1 of 25

Lenovo y 70 70 Intel HD Graphics 4600 stopped responding

Hello everyone. Now I would recreate a topic as I do not receive any answers in the firs tone.
I have a Lenovo y 70 70 T with Win 10 home x 64.
I have this system since Early august.
After the last big windows update( November update to build 10586.11) i started to have this error: 

Intel hd 4600 Graphics driver has stopped responidng and succesfully recovered. I get this while playing games/watching videos/making videos. The screen freezes for a couple of secs. Make me sick.
I wasted 3 days of my life trying to solve this by installing the suggested driver from Lenovo website and the latest from intel.
All this dud not help. I also wasted around 6 hours with Windws 10 support on the phone and they made me perform repair system- nothing changed.

This is 100% driver issue. 

Now the sad part. My laptop is on warranty and kinda expensive, especially for me and I get literally 0 support from Lenovo. Not only have not they made a normal driver( for this build of windows), but also post cheesy links to old drivers.
WHen I call them they tell me(we don't have needed spare parts we are sorry), even though it is clear that the issue is with software and the product is on warranty so even if it was something with hardware, they must provide it for me.
I am really sick and angry that manufacturer does not even try to make its products work even if they cost  load of money. 

I still have a very little hope that we will see a normal customized driver from Lenovo for Intel VGA that will solve this issue(DRIVER FOR 10586 windows 10 build, not that ugly 4240 from 17 of JULY). , but the hope is steadily fading.
Really upset with this approach from support(which, btw, does not even have a callback option in Norway). And when I talk to them they show no understanding of what happened and tell me about spare parts and downgrading to windows 8(guys are probably sitting on windows 7 and have no idea what i mean when I say windows 10 Fall update).
I am done.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

obillosr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,710
Message 2 of 25

Re: Lenovo y 70 70 Intel HD Graphics 4600 stopped responding

I'm having the same problem, but it seems like the Lenovo peeps are not even responding to the previous comments.  I just got this same expensive laptop and I might as well just return it for refund.  I don't have the patience to wait for responses or be on hold for hours and hours on end with no solution.  This is my first Lenovo and I am very disappointed.  Will someone PLEASE FINALLY  come up with a solution to this issue? 

GosuGameR
Serial Port
Views: 1,681
Message 3 of 25

As it seems to me Lenovo is not really aware of this , so.. You can try latest beta driver from intel site( u have to install it manually) - it will help  a little bit,
Dont seem that we are getting a manufacturer driver anytime soonSmiley Sad

Andreas_123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,530
Message 4 of 25

Dear folks,

I have the same problem. First I thought it´s the NVIDIA driver - and found a thread in the forum how to update it. But still I get tht the "Intel HD Graphics Driver (Windows8)" has a probem and is stopped and started.

On the Intel site is the newest Version and the "stop" error is noted to be erased.

Driver: 15.40.10.64.4300
Released: Oktober 16, 2015

But I cannot install it - due to an error message that intel want´s the manufacturer of the PC to supply it.

So Lenovo - can you please supply this driver?

Best Regards, Andreas

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,526
Message 5 of 25

@Andreas_123 wrote:

Dear folks,

I have the same problem. First I thought it´s the NVIDIA driver - and found a thread in the forum how to update it. But still I get tht the "Intel HD Graphics Driver (Windows8)" has a probem and is stopped and started.

On the Intel site is the newest Version and the "stop" error is noted to be erased.

Driver: 15.40.10.64.4300
Released: Oktober 16, 2015

But I cannot install it - due to an error message that intel want´s the manufacturer of the PC to supply it.

So Lenovo - can you please supply this driver?

Best Regards, Andreas

You can actually install it manually. Download the zip file and unzipped it. Go to device manager and update the driver. Point to the folder where the new update files are located. That's it.

maxxxem1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,429
Message 6 of 25

Download IOBIT driver Booster 3 and it should give you all the new drivers.. And if problems arise then IOBIT driver booster has a recover process built in to go back to old drivers .

Why do it the hard way when you can click and a button?

maxxxem1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,422
Message 7 of 25

Download IOBIT Driver Booster 3 it will give you all newest drivers possible .
Andreas_123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,415
Message 8 of 25

Thanks for the tip. I waited some weeks to see if the fault is gone - and it is, No graphic Card error since then. And I am so happy with my new fast Laptop with big good Screen!

Just a note: My Computer told me that he had already the Versions in the zip file. So I told him to look in the Web. That he did - found something - installed it - and voila since then no Trouble no more.
maxxxem1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,377
Message 9 of 25

What do you mean you waited weeks to see it the driver was failing.Lol

robysum
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,286
Message 10 of 25

what did you do exactly, and who are you thanking for the tip?
what driver did you install, for your pc to tell you that that driver was already installed and to propose you to search automatically the web?
it's not clear if you used IOBIT driver boost, or if you installed the driver manually (those were the tips someone gave you)
I am experiencing the same problem.. cannot find any solution
need help

thank you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors