Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trudinh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,066
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo y410p, Is this normal?

My laptop (y410p) was starting to run slow, it take very long to launch apps, even launching the naive music apps or weather apps come preloaded with window 8 take long to launch. unable to figure out the problem, I did a clean factory restore on it.

after the factory restore, the proformance improve abit. but it wasn't at it full potential as when I first got it.

What I notice is my Disk at task manager is at 100% most of the time. Untitled.png

I wonder is this normal? Disk is at 100% and the highest usage is 1MB/s, it stay at 100% most of the time, sometime it drop down to 0% then spike up to 90-100%. is it something to worry about?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 991
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo y410p, Is this normal?

First try to remove any third party virus scanner program and just use Windows Defender. If it is McAfee then there are two to remove. After the removal restart the unit and observed if there are improvements. Then open Resource Monitor and choose Disk. You should see which programs are running and accessing the Disk.

MakarovZachaev
Fanfold Paper
Views: 980
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo y410p, Is this normal?

Yep, I get the same thing yet it goes away after a minute or two after bootup, how long is it sticking around? Could you expand that application so I can see the entire name?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors