Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtsz
Paper Tape
Views: 364
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo y460p hdd failure

Hi, I can't startup my y460p due to problems with the hdd. I have tried to press the onekey recovery button but it brings me to the page where I can choose to startup repair or run windows normally. The startup repair would check my system for hours and then restart the com to go back to the startup repair. If I choose the run windows normally, it would bring me to the NTFS file checking  and it would say a number of file segments are unreadable and it will be stuck there. 

If I want to reformat the hdd is there a way to use onekey recovery or do I have to insert a burned CD with a copy of windows 7 to set it up?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 344
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo y460p hdd failure

@jtsz wrote:

Hi, I can't startup my y460p due to problems with the hdd. I have tried to press the onekey recovery button but it brings me to the page where I can choose to startup repair or run windows normally. The startup repair would check my system for hours and then restart the com to go back to the startup repair. If I choose the run windows normally, it would bring me to the NTFS file checking  and it would say a number of file segments are unreadable and it will be stuck there. 

If I want to reformat the hdd is there a way to use onekey recovery or do I have to insert a burned CD with a copy of windows 7 to set it up?

From power down condition of your unit, then pressing the NOVO button do you get the menu shown? If yes, select System Recovery.

Novo Menu.JPG

jtsz
Paper Tape
Views: 335
Message 3 of 8

Nope, when I press the button it just shows the lenovo icon and brings me to the page telling me to choose startup repair or starting windows normally

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 331
Message 4 of 8

@jtsz wrote:

Nope, when I press the button it just shows the lenovo icon and brings me to the page telling me to choose startup repair or starting windows normally

Press the power button steadily for a few seconds until it is off. Then press the NOVO button (this is different from the power button) after waiting for a few minutes. See if you get the menu shown earlier.

jtsz
Paper Tape
Views: 322
Message 5 of 8

Sorry not very sure what or where the novo button is but is it the small button beside the power button with the arrow? Because I tried pressing that as well but it still leads me to the same page. 

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 310
Message 6 of 8

Y460P.JPG

7 is the power button

8 is the NOVO button

jtsz
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 7 of 8

I pressed that button but I did not get the menu that you've shown

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 283
Message 8 of 8

@jtsz wrote:

I pressed that button but I did not get the menu that you've shown

What happen if you choose repair after pressing the NOVO button? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors