cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterTal
Blue Screen Again
Views: 35,899
Message 1 of 14

Lenovo y50-70 Extremely Annoying Stutter LAG!!!

So I have only had this laptop for a week already and I'm happy about all of its features except I experience extreme stutter lag. The stutter lag effects games, editing software, etc... The lag goes something like this: Hello are you t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-there. The frame will freeze and the audio will loop for about 1-5 seconds. This is gamebreaking when it comes to games, makes it extremely uncomfortable, and its just disrupting. From reading online they say the only cure is to replace your sshd. idk....

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 35,761
Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo y50-70 Extremely Annoying Stutter LAG!!!

Hi PeterTal,

Welcome to the community,

I wouldnt jump to replacing anything before trying sometthings.

First of all, your machine meets the minimun requirements for softwre you wan to use?

second, what enery program do you have set up? I would encourage you to have it at "Best Performance"

Let me know how that works out.

Miguel Gonzalez
Community Service Readiness, Spanish & Gaming Community Leader

PeterTal
Blue Screen Again
Views: 35,731
Message 3 of 14

Thank you for the reply. I've just played left 4 dead and league of legends. It has more than the top requirements and the frames are extremely high (always over 100 on high settings) But then every now and then it will freeze on a frame which can completely break a game. I noticed as this happens the fps will turn to 0 or a very low number and audio loops like w-w-w-w...what. edit: power settings on max performance reduces the amount of times it happens in a sessIon noticeably, but it still comes here and there
PeterTal
Blue Screen Again
Views: 35,887
Message 4 of 14

SOLVED! I deleted McAfee Secure, changed nvidea as my main default gpu, and turned off indexing for my drivers. The stutter now rarely occurs and it is so minimal that I barely notice it (.2 seconds) sometimes I go hours without even getting anything. The system is faster and even more faster in-game with razer gamebooster. It helps to make sure your gpu is semi performance and using all of its power.
PeterTal
Blue Screen Again
Views: 35,642
Message 5 of 14

Also worth mentioning I noticed cloud storage was syncing my goes while I was ingame causing a tremendous amount of memory take up, pausing it also reduced the stutters as the drive was spinning and slowing down too fast (could hear it sometimes) also I saw on task manager 30%. But with the other methods it eliminated it completely, no more frame freeze Smiley Happy
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 35,543
Message 6 of 14

Hi PeterTal,

Thank you for sharing the solution, glad everything was sorted out!

Enjoy your lag free gaming

Long live the PC Master Race!

Miguel Gonzalez
Community Service Readiness, Spanish & Gaming Community Leader

WTB_fix
Punch Card
Views: 34,350
Message 7 of 14

bump

ng87
Paper Tape
Views: 33,878
Message 8 of 14

Hi to everybody and nice meeting you all through the community.As you may have all undsterstood i am one of those,who from day1 unboxing lenovo y50-70,have gone through immense issues and problems with lag,extreme hdd noise and incosistency and many programs constantly not responding...My model is an i7 core 4710hq,8 GB ram,gf gtx 860m and the wdc wd10s21x-24r1bt0-sshd-8gb HDD as most of as here have and windows 8,1 64bit...I bought this laptop 3 months ago and right from the start i noticed all these issues as being refered in this discussion.I decided not to return it right away to the buying point for service or whatever,just because i started searching the internet and found this forum and some implementations that there is going to be an update soon that will solve these problems,so i decided to wait...I tried hddquiet and crystal disk and things just got a little (to almost no) better but nothing more!HDD is always doing whatever it wants,spinning up down,showing 100 disk usage out of nowhere,slowwwwwwww data transfering,programs still not responding,such as fm 2014,for some seconds and then getting back to normal,cpu usage keeping to 2,4-2,5 GHz then turbo boosting to 3,4GHZ and then back to 1,7-2,2GHZ...My question and main issue is:Isn't there gonna be an official solution replacement?I bought this laptop in the price of 1300 euro in Greece (equals to about 1470$) which is a great amount of money for our days and as you now for my country.I had so many choises and decided to buy this one,as older laptop models of lenovo were great and i have great opinion for the company.Well at least as long as now and keep waiting to see...We all know the HDD is the main problem and some of the officials here know or at least have understood it as well.What is it gonna be then??I am really hoping to find out that lenovo will give us a solution...It's been so long now.Anyone of all the above owners who managed to make do with the situation could you, at least for now,tell me what to do with the programs to workaround the situation for now,please??Also,any official lenovo support member can you please tell me that there is a solution??Thanks in advance and i hope to hearing from all of you soon(especially someone from lenovo support)...
jenden
Paper Tape
Views: 33,755
Message 9 of 14

I've been getting same type of occasional short freezes ever since I bought mine. Sometimes if you listen carefuly - you could hear a drive spinning, as if it was spinning up after stopping. Searched over the internet and apparently stock HDD has problems - its not that it is simply slow, but it occasionally stops and re-spins. Hence briefe but very annoying freeze. The only known solution to this problem is to buy a new SSD and clone your existing drive to it.

matusflesar
What's DOS?
Views: 13,029
Message 10 of 14

How did you stop the indexing your gpu? Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors