Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samke22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,511
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo y50-70 Shutting Off Randomly

Hello,

I've had my Lenovo y50-70 laptop for two years now. The processor is an i7-4720HQ @ 2.60Hz and GPU is a GTX 960M with Windows 10 OS. The issue is that my computer will occassionally shutoff while gaming for 40 minutes to an hour with no warning beforehand. Most of my drivers are up-to-date and the computer has a normal temperature. I also don't think it is overheating. The fans aren't noisy and have been cleaned out of any dust. I've also turned off fast-startup feature. I don't have very many programs installed and not that many background processes going on. The shutdowns occur with or without the charging adapter. So, I'm not entirely sure what is causing these random shutdowns to occur but I think it may be related to the BIOs. I'm not sure if I should downgrade to the previous BIOs version  if it works? or even how to do that. Can anyone help me out? I would greatly appreciate the effort.

Samke22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,386
Message 2 of 4

Random Shutdowns with my laptop. Please Help!

Hello,

My Lenovo y50-70 has been experiencing random shutdowns for several months now. There is no prior warning before they occur. I've found out that it happens with or without the power adapter. The laptop's temperature is normal and does not overheat when the shutdowns happen. I think these random shutdowns are related to the BIOs update from 2015 for this laptop. I've learned that one possible solution is to roll back to a previous BIOs so that it will not occur again but I have not idea how to do that. I have no clue how to fix this issue since service repairs from lenovo have not resolved it at all. I would very much appreciate anyone's expertise in the matter. Thank you!

Samke22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,337
Message 3 of 4

Re: Random Shutdowns with my laptop. Please Help!

Bump. I am amazed that lenovo has not fixed this problem for me. I will not buy Lenovo ever again if this is the case. My laptop was been working fine for two years and all of a sudden it experiences these unexpected shutdowns. 

Also, I have no idea why the first post from a previous thread I made awhile ago has been added to this one. That post was never answered by anyone and that is why I created a new one ( just right now my laptop turned off while typing this reply. This is so frustrating!). 

I have read the event logs and found out that the most recent shutdown event was a kernal error stating, "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Below is a detailed log of the kernal event.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing
Date: 5/28/2018 4:56:48 AM
Event ID: 2
Task Category: Session
Level: Error
Keywords: Session
User: LAPTOP-NIIPV7MR\Sam
Computer: LAPTOP-NIIPV7MR
Description:
Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing" Guid="{B675EC37-BDB6-4648-BC92-F3FDC74D3CA2}" />
<EventID>2</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>2</Task>
<Opcode>12</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000010</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-05-28T11:56:48.358964900Z" />
<EventRecordID>21</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="11284" ThreadID="9644" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin</Channel>
<Computer>LAPTOP-NIIPV7MR</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-2328239124-3220237120-673495315-1001" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="SessionName">Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener</Data>
<Data Name="FileName">
</Data>
<Data Name="ErrorCode">3221225506</Data>
<Data Name="LoggingMode">4194560</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Homin
Token Ring
Views: 1,280
Message 4 of 4

Re: Random Shutdowns with my laptop. Please Help!

AFAIK, this problem is not relate to Lenovo. But the Windows itself.

After I use the error code to search the microsoft website I found this thread : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/kernel-eventtracing-error/d...

Since error code and the error seem to be something related to cloud storage. I think the thread above should help you fix the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors