Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkkie_jedi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,867
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo y50-70 Touch issues with mousepad

I've had my y50-70 for about three weeks now and in the past week or so, I've had issues with the touch/mousepad. I'll be using it and suddenly it just stops. The mouse won't move and won't click, despite trying. Sometimes it takes a few minutes before the mouse finally starts working and usually continues for a while. Usually it stutters before stopping altogether. I've downloaded the updated driver, changed the mouse setting, etc and nothing has worked. It continues to stop working. 

model: lenovo y50-70 touch

jeroensk
What's DOS?
Views: 11,573
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo y50-70 Touch issues with mousepad

Adding to this issue (me too function) the mouse is not working at all while typing...
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 11,570
Message 3 of 7

Hi Guys,

I am not sure if the issue applies to both of you but the touchpad is intentionally supposed to "not work" when you are typing, this feature has been around ever since touchpads came into existance and it is there to prevent you moving cursor while you are typing.

This can be easily adjusted in the touchpad settings by reducing sensitivity.

Try playing around with those settings to find one that suits you.

Miguel Gonzalez
Smart Device, Gaming & Spanish Community Leader

Lenovo Slovakia

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська  Moto English

iqono
What's DOS?
Views: 10,693
Message 4 of 7

Hi there, 

"the touchpad is intentionally supposed to "not work" when you are typing" that sounds very interesting, although in my experience I have only noticed on my lenovo laptop, same model as above, I will keep an eye. It does sound like very useful information, thanks.

I have been checking for the sensitivity settings, but seem not to find it, only mouse preferences and in my windows 8.1 does not show anything about sensitivity. Perhaps under another name?

In my case also the cursor does shakes often, regardless of me using touchpad, wacom or mouse. There is other oddity, if I control the laptop using synergy from another computer, I don't experience such behaviour even if I use the same mouse.

Needless to say that I haven't experienced these shakes using wacom or mouse on my other computer.

Any ideas what could be happening?

Thanks for your help.

hassch
Paper Tape
Views: 10,027
Message 5 of 7

I have the same exact issue! The touchpad will just stop working without any warning! sometimes it will continue moving around but won't clic!

I have also noticed that it will stop working properly during the installation of a program.
Sometimes it will stop working, then it will do all what you have done during the "dead" time all at once, it will clic, scroll, move and do whatever you tried to do all at once after one minute of waiting or so.

Reigado
What's DOS?
Views: 7,307
Message 6 of 7

Hey,

I've had the same issue, and I instaled this driver ( http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds100271 ) and restarted the PC and the mousepad start working again.

Hope this works.

RosmeZG
What's DOS?
Views: 4,582
Message 7 of 7

quisiera saber como activar o que hacer , lo que pasa es que el mouse tactil de la laptop que tengo(lenovo y50) de la nada se desactivo y no me funciona para nada no se que ha pasado por ahora solo lo utilizo con un mouse inalambrico pero nesecito que me digan que preionar o como reactivar eso gracias

translate.google.com translation of above

I would like to know how to turn or what to do, what happens is that the touch mouse of the laptop I have (lenovo Y50) out of nothing was deactivated and it does not work for anything not happened by now only use it with a wireless mouse but I nesecito tell me that preionar or reactivate that thanks

Admin note; by all means post in another language than English for accuracy, but please provide a translation using web tools if required. Other language forums can be found through the drop down menu at the top of the page, for instance Spanish.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors