Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
filipusfikus
Paper Tape
Views: 12,571
Message 1 of 13

Lenovo y50-70 battery life

Hello guys. Few days ago I bought new Lenovo laptop y50-70 (with i5, 500GB, 4GB RAM, GTX860 4GB, fullHD). Everything seems fine except one thing. It is battery life. I have red some reviews and there was smething about 4-5 hours on battery. My laptop needs to be charged after one and half hour. (And I am only on the Internet, nothing else!) Can you help me with this issue? And another thing is, that everytime I turn on my laptop, it is telling me something about unauthorized battery. (Everything in laptop is original) Thank you. /Sorry for my bad English/ 
Here is a PrtSc of my problem. http://ctrlv.cz/tr8z

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 12,501
Message 2 of 13

Re: Lenovo y50-70 battery life

Hi Filipusfikus,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with low battery life in your Lenovo Y50-70 laptop.

Please perform the battery gauge reset and check for the issue. This can be done by : go to power manager select advance mode, select battery tab under battery tab select battery maintenance option, select perform reset under battery gauge reset.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

filipusfikus
Paper Tape
Views: 12,494
Message 3 of 13

Hello, thank you for your reply! 
I did the gauge reset (through the Energy Manager not the power manager, because the power manager is only avlaible for Thinkpads i think.), but it didn't help :/ Btw. I am using Win 7 64-bit, but It should't be the reason of my poor batter life. Filip Kojan
Here is screenshot after gauge reset and restarded laptop http://ctrlv.cz/HiKi

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 12,466
Message 4 of 13

Hi Filipusfikus,

Please share the battery status as this will help us to assist you in better way, check if the battery is heating while using.

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

minura_ganegoda
Punch Card
Views: 12,454
Message 5 of 13

I own a y50-70 i7 for me usually the battery stays for around 4 hours with browsing and stuff. With full charge I can normally watch two movies with almost highest brightness setting. I guess your laptop is refurbished maybe?
carlosgalvezp
Paper Tape
Views: 12,446
Message 6 of 13

So should it actually display 4 hours?

The max I ever got was like 2 hours at 100%, Power Saver and minimum brightness. I haven't tested if that's actually true or it's more...

minura_ganegoda
Punch Card
Views: 12,437
Message 7 of 13

It's better if you take it to your dealer and check it out, it can definitely last longer than two hours actually
carlosgalvezp
Paper Tape
Views: 12,414
Message 8 of 13

I can confirm: with the battery charged at 95% it says 2h35min left, with 10% brightness, Power Save mode and just browsing. 

Should I contact the Lenovo support or ask for a change in the place where I bought the computer (3 months ago)?

minura_ganegoda
Punch Card
Views: 12,401
Message 9 of 13

That ofcourse is an estimate don't believe that, just use your own way and see first. If it doesn't last more than atleast three hours with browsing and stuff I recommend you to go and check with the place you bought it mate.
carlosgalvezp
Paper Tape
Views: 12,373
Message 10 of 13

I just performed a small test:

- Minimum brightness

- Power Saver

- Web browing using Google Chrome (integrated graphics).

Result: the battery struggled to reach 3 hours duration.

If you say you can watch 2 movies (assuming 2 hours long each, that makes 4 hours) with high brightness, then it's clear that my battery is defective. What Energy Mode where you using? Did you perform a clean installation? I clean installed Windows 8.1. I didn't test the battery life before clean installing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors