Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PFX_79
What's DOS?
Views: 644
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo y50 70 non-touch screen issue

Went to turn it on the other day and while everything booted fine I got no response from the screen. My first thought was something had happened to the video card so tried plugging it into my tv via hdmi and everything worked fine there. Tried a replacement screen next which semi worked. I at least get the lenovo splash screen when I turn the laptop on but after a few seconds it starts to go kinda glitchy and dissapears after the system succesfully POSTs after which I still have a blank screen. At this point im thinking that it might be the 30pin cable between the screen and the mainboard? I have one ordered but it's going to be about 3 weeks before I get it. IS there anything im missing here that could also be causing this issue?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 623
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo y50 70 non-touch screen issue

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of the experience you are having.  I think you are on the right track.  If it were my machine, replacing the video cable would be my next step.  I would try the new video cable with the original screen though. 

One additional suggestion..... make sure you try and reseat the video cable at both ends.  The video cable is subject to movement and it is not uncommon for the motherboard connection to work loose.  Likewise because the cable is subject to movement and bending it is not uncommon for the thin wires inside the cable to break. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Highlighted
PFX_79
What's DOS?
Views: 551
Message 3 of 4

im still waiting for the cord to come in, but just wanted to post an update. Went to turn it on tonight and it's up and decided to start working again? I'm kinda baffled but im not complaining lol.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 518
Message 4 of 4

Strange indeed.  A couple of possibilities.......  If you didn't reseat the cable connections, the cable may have moved and it's now making good electrical contact again.    Otherwise a broken wire in the cable may have moved in just the right position to make a good connection.

Either way it is now working and you'll have a replacement cable handy it it acts up again.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors