02-16-2018

JO

1 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo y50-70 screen Brocken and water damage on keyboard

2018-02-16, 17:28 PM

I have a Lenovo y50-70and I have two issues at the moment one is my screen is Brocken with white lines on the side that move toward the middle and I think the best solution is to buy a new screen for my laptop. But I don't know how

Or where to buy it

My other issue is that a around 6 months ago I spilled water on my keyboard I was half asleep and I tried to wipe it off but fell a sleep without turning it off so i think that made things worse now my laptop has some keys that won't work and there are keys that I think short circuit and are pressed without me pressing them, a work around is bought an external keyboard and after I press the delete button on my laptop the buttons that short-circuit stop then I can use my external keyboard. I don't know what to do to fix this problem but I guess to buy another panel?

I appreciate any help and sorry for the long post also would appreciate if someone can point out what kind of models to buy since i would like to buy the parts from eBay or a site you suggest  my laptop is 15.6 inches but that is all I know for now 

Options

9694 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6741 Signins

727863 Page Views

• Views: 727863
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo y50-70 screen Brocken and water damage on keyboard

2018-02-16, 19:04 PM

Hi Bearthecat,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This guideline can help you on this.

How to lookup and purchase Accessories, Upgrades, and FRU/CRU Replacement Parts

You can take time reviewing the hardware manual here for the disassembly guide so that you can check if yuou have the tools and skills to perform it or have a local service center assist you.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save