Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 2 (336 Views)

Lenovo y50-70 will not start.

[ Edited ]

Hello. First of all, thank you for taking the time to view my post and potentially help me out. So the problem is that my laptop will not start. I was using my laptop here one day and it was working fine, but it was unable to charge for some reason and ended up shutting down so I went to bed.

The next morning I tried turning it on, but it was dead. I have tried a different charger as my sister also has a lenovo laptop, but this did not work either. I would think if the battery was the problem, the laptop should still be working with the charger in? I have tried removing the battery and holding down the power button for 30 secs and then trying to start it again, with only the charger in. LED lights not working.

I have tried calling support line several times with no answer, the warranty has gone out and I forgot where i bought the laptop sadly. Really frustrated over here, and any help is highly appreciated!

Community Moderator
Message 2 of 2 (230 Views)

Re: Lenovo y50-70 will not start.

Hi Apoccd and welcome to the community,

It could be a bad power jack in the laptop.  It could be that since the laptop couldn't charge, the battery went dead and now won't do anything.  

Here is your Hardware Maintenance Manual.  It looks like the power jack is connected to the system board by a cable, so it should be replaceable.  A local computer shop should be able to diagnose and repair it for a relatively low cost.

Regards,

Dave 

Top kudoed Authors