cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvn882
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,812
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo y50-70 won’t turn on, fans spin when plugged in while laptop stays off.

Hi there,

i just unpacked my laptop from a flight and now it suddenly doesn’t turn on anymore.

when I press the power button nothing happens, no indicator leds, nothing. When I release the button I hear that thud noise you hear when you manually kill a laptop by keeping the button down. 

Now the weirdest thing: when I plug in the adaptor the fans start spinning like crazy, immediately when I plug it in, I don’t even need to push the power button.

the same thing happens when the laptop is unplugged and I keep the power/reset button down for a longer time, the fans start spinning out of control but no leds, no nothing, and they immediately stop when I let go.

If anyone has any clue how this could be or what to do please tell me. 

I will contact the seller on Monday (I have had this laptop for 2.5 years, thank god the insurance runs for three years) but as I’ve just moved to another country I’m not sure if that’s going to work out.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

mvn882
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,710
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo y50-70 won’t turn on, fans spin when plugged in while laptop stays off.

I ended up bringing it to a Lenovo certified repair shop. They disconnected and reconnected the battery and the issue was resolved.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors