Did you mean: 
Highlighted
camb4m
Paper Tape
Views: 7,462
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo y50 not recognizing touch screen

Hello all,

I seem to be having some pretty serious problems with my brand new lenovo y50 touch. Straight out of the box, everything works beautifully except one major thing: the touch screen doesn't work. I know it is the touch version and settings even calls it "lenovo y50-70 touch" but below that it reads "No pen or touch input available for this display" ...what?? there are also no drivers on lenovo's support page that say anything about touch. What is the problem? any help?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 7,441
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo y50 not recognizing touch screen

hi camb4m,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

If the machine is showing No Pen and Touch Input under system properties then it's not identifying the screen as Touch capable.

- Link to picture

Things that you can try:

1. Perform a System Recovery via the OneKey Recovery button to check if the issue is on the OS level (ensure you backup important files first as this procedure will wipe all data on the OS partition).

2. Use HWINFO or similar utility to identify the monitor used on the system and compare it to the Touchscreen panels used on the Y50-70 Touch.

Link to picture

Link to picture

Alternatively, you can post the machine type model (eg. 59-123456) of the Y50 for me to check if it has touchscreen capability or not.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

camb4m
Paper Tape
Views: 7,431
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your response. I'm sure that this is the touch model, but the screen won't recognize touch. The model is 59421835

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 7,425
Message 4 of 6

hi camb4m,

Thanks for posting back. Looking at the parts, the machine type model 59421835 indeed have a touchscreen panel.

- Link to picture

Things that you can try:

1. Boot into the BIOS via the UEFI firmware settings or by pressing the OneKey Recovery button. In the BIOS, press F9 to reload factory settings and press F10 to Save and Exit. Once booted back into Windows, check if Touchscreen is working.

2. If same problem, press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. On the device manager, check if you have a Human Interface Devices section and uninstall anything that says HID-compliant device (this is the driver that controls the touchscreen). When finished, reboot the system and observe.

3. If the Touchscreen is still not working, consider doing a System Recovery via the OneKey Recovery button (this is to isolate the problem on the OS level).

If the problem remains after the above steps, I recommend you contact lenovo (for service) or the place of purchase (if it's still possible to get a replacement unit).

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Exocet
What's DOS?
Views: 7,005
Message 5 of 6

I just recently bought a Y50-70 Touch, and my system recognises the touch screen in device manager, but when I touch the screen it doesn't work. Everything is installed correctly but there is no response on the screen.

PaulTedesco
Paper Tape
Views: 6,156
Message 6 of 6

If I follow this procedure will the process of using BIOS pressingn F9 and the F10 delete the work that I have already performed on this computer. I already lost two weeks worth of work following a similar recommended procedure.

"1. Boot into the BIOS via the UEFI firmware settings or by pressing the OneKey Recovery button. In the BIOS, press F9 to reload factory settings and press F10 to Save and Exit. Once booted back into Windows, check if Touchscreen is working."

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors