10-02-2014 08:27 AM
I seem to be having some pretty serious problems with my brand new lenovo y50 touch. Straight out of the box, everything works beautifully except one major thing: the touch screen doesn't work. I know it is the touch version and settings even calls it "lenovo y50-70 touch" but below that it reads "No pen or touch input available for this display" ...what?? there are also no drivers on lenovo's support page that say anything about touch. What is the problem? any help?
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-02-2014 12:43 PM
Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.
If the machine is showing No Pen and Touch Input under system properties then it's not identifying the screen as Touch capable.
Things that you can try:
1. Perform a System Recovery via the OneKey Recovery button to check if the issue is on the OS level (ensure you backup important files first as this procedure will wipe all data on the OS partition).
2. Use HWINFO or similar utility to identify the monitor used on the system and compare it to the Touchscreen panels used on the Y50-70 Touch.
Alternatively, you can post the machine type model (eg. 59-123456) of the Y50 for me to check if it has touchscreen capability or not.
Let me know how it goes.
10-02-2014 03:10 PM
Thanks for posting back. Looking at the parts, the machine type model 59421835 indeed have a touchscreen panel.
Things that you can try:
1. Boot into the BIOS via the UEFI firmware settings or by pressing the OneKey Recovery button. In the BIOS, press F9 to reload factory settings and press F10 to Save and Exit. Once booted back into Windows, check if Touchscreen is working.
2. If same problem, press the Windows key +R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. On the device manager, check if you have a Human Interface Devices section and uninstall anything that says HID-compliant device (this is the driver that controls the touchscreen). When finished, reboot the system and observe.
3. If the Touchscreen is still not working, consider doing a System Recovery via the OneKey Recovery button (this is to isolate the problem on the OS level).
If the problem remains after the above steps, I recommend you contact lenovo (for service) or the place of purchase (if it's still possible to get a replacement unit).
12-12-2014 09:06 PM
I just recently bought a Y50-70 Touch, and my system recognises the touch screen in device manager, but when I touch the screen it doesn't work. Everything is installed correctly but there is no response on the screen.
07-25-2015 10:36 AM
If I follow this procedure will the process of using BIOS pressingn F9 and the F10 delete the work that I have already performed on this computer. I already lost two weeks worth of work following a similar recommended procedure.
"1. Boot into the BIOS via the UEFI firmware settings or by pressing the OneKey Recovery button. In the BIOS, press F9 to reload factory settings and press F10 to Save and Exit. Once booted back into Windows, check if Touchscreen is working."