Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cazetoGaming
Paper Tape
Views: 435
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo y50 windows 10 scale level problems

So. When I was on Win 8.1 my steam window would look totally normal, however since the update to win 10, the steam window looks like it has a different resolution than the rest of PC. It's big and unclear and blurry. So I did fiddle around with the scale options in Windows 10, and now my chrome browser is a little bit unclear and blurry as well - and I can't get it back!

I tried to customize a scale at 125% (which is whats recommended) although the rest of the PC looks fine, the steam window is blurry and unclear and now the fonts/letters on google chrome is aswell. I don't know what to do, it's a pain! Now I did try set the scailing to 100% and the steam window appeared normal as it was in win 8.1 - but all the icons and everything was just to small for me to handle, so I did put it back at 125% resulting that the steam window would get blurred again and apparently my chrome browser as well. 

Can anybody provide me with the correct scales for the y50 in win 10? So I at least can get my chrome to look normal again? 

I'm from Denmark, so my Windows is ofcourse in Danish, but I will try to upload some pictures of what's my currently settings are, and hopefully I can get the old ones back.

Thanks !!

Click here to view image #1

Click here to view image #2

Click here to view image #3

Mod's Edit: Image(s) converted to link(s) due to size.  Photos are limited to 100k size per forum guidelines.
                     Please refer to About Posting Pictures for more information.

Kremore
Blue Screen Again
Views: 420
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo y50 windows 10 scale level problems

Try setting everything to 100% and then sign out and back in.

That should work!

cazetoGaming
Paper Tape
Views: 397
Message 3 of 5

Hi, thanks for the answer!

Well, I did and everything looks alot smaller now - which I actually don't like, but I guess I can get used to it. The Steam window now appear as normal, however the chrome browser looks goofy with small unclear and blurred letters, I feel like my PC is designed for it to be 125%, it's really annoying!!
Kremore
Blue Screen Again
Views: 385
Message 4 of 5

I think its made for 125%, i personally like 100%, 125 looks too big for me.

KenovaOne
Punch Card
Views: 142
Message 5 of 5

Hey. My Yoga 2 13 had the same problem. Just found this fix two years after purchase. I show you how to turn on proper scaling of mmc and installer programs with two registry entries.

https://youtu.be/3w6SaeuCJ_o

If you're already comfortable with the registry, go to HKCU>Control Panel>Desktop and change the Win* scaling key to "1" and adda new key "LogPixels" with a value 78 (which changes the windows default of 96 pixels to 120 pixels). You shouldn't need all of the compatibility fix stuff after this.

Crystal clear across the board for the first time!! Cheers!

Top Kudoed Authors