Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LFDC89
What's DOS?
Views: 409
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo y50-z70 battery use

Hi all, i've a Lenovo y50-z70 with integrated battery. Since I use this laptop often at home, I should put this always on charge and use it with alimentation e not only with battery. Using the laptop with alimentation and battery should damage my battery??? or it has a sort of "saefty system"??

and another question: this laptop has a Full HD display, but I've a lot of resolution problem with many applications (like Chrome or Matlab). There's a setting that could avoid this problem??

Thanks.

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 392
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo y50-z70 battery use

hi LFDC89,

If you're using the machine for gaming or run any graphics intensive apps that requires you to be plugged-in all the time, I would recommend you enable conservation mode.

In Conservation Mode, the battery charge level is limitted to 55%-60% of its full capacity. When the AC adapter is still connected and the battery reaches its charge limit, you will see a "Plugged-in not charging" message when you hover on the battery icon in the notification area. From here, the power gets routed to the AC adapter. In this way, you can prolong the battery life 

As for the resolution problem, if having a FHD (1920x1080) or a UHD (3840x2160) screen makes your program small, try to:

1. Change the display scalling to smaller or medium (see this guide)

2. After changing the DPI scaling, lower the screen resolution until you see a perfect fit for your programs (eg. 1368x768)

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors