Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dexterleow93
Paper Tape
Views: 5,697
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo y500 speaker problem

Hey guys! Need help here. Just bought my lenovo y500 few weeks ago. It is indeed a very good computer, until I encounter the SPEAKER problem.

When playing normal songs, it is perfectly fine. But after I test it out with bassy song. The left speaker started to vibrate crazily. after that, all those song i played have this problem also.AND THIS VERY IRRITATING. Isn't it suppose to be JBL speakers!? I don't think they cannot handle very low bass? Or am I just a unlucky one =(

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,667
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo y500 speaker problem

hi dexterleow93,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums

Is the sound ok when you plug-in a earphone or headset?

If it is, can you try to  uninstall the Realtek HD Audio driver from the Control panel, reboot the PC, then try to play the sounds using the generic sound drive. If it works ok, reinstall the sound driver below:

Realtek Audio Driver
1fau12ww.exe
81.0MB

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Psyrecx
802.11n
Views: 5,655
Message 3 of 8

You have to consider the size and output of the speakers, they could put out fairly low bass at a low volume, but if you increase the volume they won't be able to handle it. The speakers lack the size to give off much low frequency sound at high volumes. It's the reason people are always talking about how big the "woofers" in their cars are. It would certainly help if those same people knew anything about speakers, because size isn't the only thing you need to worry about :/
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 | Intel® Core™ I7-3630M @2.4GHz | 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | Nvidia® Geforce™ GT 750M | 120GB Mushkin Atlas Deluxe mSATA SSD | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint M8 5400RPM HDD | 1080p Lenovo Display | Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
dexterleow93
Paper Tape
Views: 5,614
Message 4 of 8

Agreed, but it works perfectly fine for the first 3 weeks. Even when I try it out at 100. But on normal days, I'm just using it at a volume of 40-46 since its already a very loud speaker and it finally gave in. Now I even have those vibration or rupturing sound on my left speaker when it's at 40 Smiley Sad
dexterleow93
Paper Tape
Views: 5,613
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the suggestion! Will try it out once I get home tonight and let you know soon!
dexterleow93
Paper Tape
Views: 5,572
Message 6 of 8

I've tried the method you suggest me to do so. It still vibrate but not that vigourous anymore. Hmm i think i'll just bring it over to the service centre to let them asses my notebook. =D thanks for the help anyways =)

Highlighted
muhammad_hisyam
What's DOS?
Views: 4,567
Message 7 of 8

Hi, I bought my Lenovo Y500 and i rarely use it.
My right laptop speaker wont produce a sound, or will sometimes distort when my volume goes below 50%
If above 50% it will work as usual. 

I am however, frustrated by the fact that 
1. I have sent my laptop to a warranty repair and they purpotedly replaced the old speakers with new ones.
    However, the problem happens again.
2. The staff also said that I put the volume way loud, causing the speakers to malfunction. They said I may have used the VLC media player to amplify the volume. In which I did not do, and it is impossible to do as the new versions of VLC do not allow amplifies. I am frustrated that the repair team accused me without questioning. And this is my first time with Lenovo. My laptop has not been installed with games or used for high volume audio as it is a working laptop. 

Please can you troubleshoot the possible problems leading to the malfunctioning of the right speaker. This laptop isnt even 5 monthes old. 

boyisnoone
What's DOS?
Views: 597
Message 8 of 8

I have a Lenovo y50 and had a similar problem with the speakers. I installed the drivers you have posted. And it did fix my speaker problem but now I am facing a new problem and that is now I can hear through my speakers and headphones/earphones simultaneously. Is there something that can fix this? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors