Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belghast
Paper Tape
Views: 2,112
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo y500 stuck on "Lenovo" splash screen

I've had a Lenovo y500 laptop since June 2013, and had no issues with it.  It has been a reliable laptop and I have been extremely pleased with the purchase.  However last Sunday (11/2)  I went downstairs to boot up the laptop while watching the Walking Dead and all I could get to happen was for it to show the Lenovo splash screen as the bios loads.

Since then I have searched the net and have been unable to find anyone with the exact problem I had.  However a number of threads on this forum and other forums offered suggestions.  Despite all of my attempts I still cannot get it to do anything but display the black screen with the White Lenovo logo.

Here are the things that I have had suggested and tried....

- Unhooked all USB devices - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Verified that USB ports are still in good working order and not grounding against shielding

- Removed Second Video Card - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removing the Battery and booting with power supply only - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

-  Letting battery run down completely and booting from power supply only - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Pressing the Novo Button- Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removed Ram and Reseated - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removed Harddrive and Reseated - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removed Ram - Reseating Single Stick of Ram Each time - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removed Harddrive and Placed Known Good Harddrive in place - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removed Ram completey - Black screen with no beeps or other noise

At this point I have tried every possible thing I can think of that I know how to do on my own.  The bios appears to just be locked while loading.  I cannot get it to load into the bios config or the recovery menu by pressing the Novo button in any combination.  I am completely stumped, and unfortunately I have yet to see a post with anything close to the same behavior I am experiencing.

I would appreciate any suggestions that I might not have tried.  At this point I think both the Harddrive and the Ram are not likely causes due to all the troubleshooting above.

belghast
Paper Tape
Views: 1,648
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo y500 stuck on "Lenovo" splash screen

bumping this... still having this issue, any ideas folks?

azfansinnc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,582
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo y500 stuck on "Lenovo" splash screen

Did you ever get this figured out? Mine was doing the same thing. I finally went through and pulled the SSD. Its working for now without the SSD. If you install it, it sticks again.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors