Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 3 (1,508 Views)

Lenovo y500 stuck on "Lenovo" splash screen

I've had a Lenovo y500 laptop since June 2013, and had no issues with it.  It has been a reliable laptop and I have been extremely pleased with the purchase.  However last Sunday (11/2)  I went downstairs to boot up the laptop while watching the Walking Dead and all I could get to happen was for it to show the Lenovo splash screen as the bios loads.

Since then I have searched the net and have been unable to find anyone with the exact problem I had.  However a number of threads on this forum and other forums offered suggestions.  Despite all of my attempts I still cannot get it to do anything but display the black screen with the White Lenovo logo.

Here are the things that I have had suggested and tried....

- Unhooked all USB devices - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Verified that USB ports are still in good working order and not grounding against shielding

- Removed Second Video Card - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removing the Battery and booting with power supply only - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

-  Letting battery run down completely and booting from power supply only - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Pressing the Novo Button- Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removed Ram and Reseated - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removed Harddrive and Reseated - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removed Ram - Reseating Single Stick of Ram Each time - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removed Harddrive and Placed Known Good Harddrive in place - Lenovo Splash Screen Only

- Removed Ram completey - Black screen with no beeps or other noise

At this point I have tried every possible thing I can think of that I know how to do on my own.  The bios appears to just be locked while loading.  I cannot get it to load into the bios config or the recovery menu by pressing the Novo button in any combination.  I am completely stumped, and unfortunately I have yet to see a post with anything close to the same behavior I am experiencing.

I would appreciate any suggestions that I might not have tried.  At this point I think both the Harddrive and the Ram are not likely causes due to all the troubleshooting above.

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 3 (1,058 Views)

Re: Lenovo y500 stuck on "Lenovo" splash screen

bumping this... still having this issue, any ideas folks?

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 3 (992 Views)

Re: Lenovo y500 stuck on "Lenovo" splash screen

[ Edited ]

Did you ever get this figured out? Mine was doing the same thing. I finally went through and pulled the SSD. Its working for now without the SSD. If you install it, it sticks again.

Top Kudoed Authors