Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saicko
What's DOS?
Views: 467
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo y5070 graphics card

i recently bought a lenovo y5070 laptop with integrated intel 4600 graphics card and a dediated nVidia 960M 4GB graphics card .. when i open advanced settings in screen resolution i found that the total video memory is 1792MB

and the Dedicated video memory is 0MB

and the Sytem video memory is 0MB

how the dedicated video memory read is 0MB while it's really a 4GB ... please i need help !

Guru
Views: 416
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo y5070 graphics card

I am not quite sure where you are checking the details but this could be due to the Intelswitchable graphics.

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display

Check in there if your graphics card is displayed, Right click and select Properties and you can see several details there.

You can also download GPU-z program to see detailed specs of your graphics card.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Saicko
What's DOS?
Views: 401
Message 3 of 4

Here a screenshot showing what i mean

http://tinypic.com/r/311nvcn/9

and at this screenshot you'll see that the nVidia GPU @ [ Disabled ] and blank current clocks

http://tinypic.com/r/205302c/9

Guru
Views: 381
Message 4 of 4

The first image is not loading, not sure why.

The second image is showing current clocks as - , because your onboard Intel GPU is being used and not the discrete 960M. This is what I mentioned is called as Intel switchable graphics. Your 960M will be used when you do graphics intensive tasks such as gaming.

If you want to see full clocks and specs of your GPU, you will need the GPU-z software. It shows every detail, even if the GPU is being used or not.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors