Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loal1992
What's DOS?
Views: 1,102
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo y5070 problem with external monitor

Hi guys, i have a problem with my y5070.

I have connected it to external monitor with HDMI keeping the notebook closed and with the display off.

When i play Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare, i have a great framerate (60 fps) when the notebook is open, and bad framerate (15/20 fps) when it is closed. The same thing happens with geekbench 3 (The score is much lower whhen notebook is closed). Seems to activate a power saving, but I turned off all Windows settings related to it. Why it'happening? Terra are other options to de-activate to have very high performance with notebook closed?
nitinvertigo
Serial Port
Views: 1,092
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo y5070 problem with external monitor

@loal1992 wrote:
Hi guys, i have a problem with my y5070.

I have connected it to external monitor with HDMI keeping the notebook closed and with the display off.

When i play Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare, i have a great framerate (60 fps) when the notebook is open, and bad framerate (15/20 fps) when it is closed. The same thing happens with geekbench 3 (The score is much lower whhen notebook is closed). Seems to activate a power saving, but I turned off all Windows settings related to it. Why it'happening? Terra are other options to de-activate to have very high performance with notebook closed?
I think the notebook is getting pretty heated up when you close the lid and because of that the CPU and GPU throttle down to reduce the temperature. Avoid playing games when the lid is closed. I think this is because of the vent design that is at the hinge. It is just my guess. There could be another reason also. 

loal1992
What's DOS?
Views: 1,086
Message 3 of 4

Unfortunately the notebook reduces performance in the exact moment when I close, and boosts performance as soon as I open up again. I could see this by looking at the fps of COD (60 when open, 15 immediately as soon as I close, 60 as soon as I open it again) ... so i did not think is related to temperature, otherwise it would take a while 'to cut performance
loal1992
What's DOS?
Views: 1,057
Message 4 of 4

Up

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors