Victoria

3 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo y510p Display not working

2015-06-08, 8:52 AM

Hello,

So I've had this issue for a little while now, it appears to occur almost randomly whenever I move the laptop around. Simply put the screen won't turn on. I won't even see the lenovo icon pop-up or have chance to reset bios, anything of the sort. I have removed the battery, tried running from only the AC adapter as some other threads have suggested for similiar issues but it didn't help.

The laptop will however display on a monitor hooked up to the HDMI port if you wait long enough. I have tried booting it up both with and without an HDMI cable connected to no avail.

Oddly enough turning it off and giving it a smack works every now and then though I wouldn't advise it ;)

Basically the short of it is the laptop won't recognize the primary display randomly upon boot-up, the backlight turns on, other displays work, however the laptop screen is a no-go

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Options

4 Posts

06-08-2015

Victoria

3 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo y510p Display not working

2015-06-08, 9:24 AM

THIS JUST IN!

Applying pressure to the base of the monitor towards the laptop seems to work. I'm guessing the ribbon connecting the monitor to the mother board is loose or something of the sort.

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

IN

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-06-08, 12:05 PM

Hi Fat_jackal,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with the LCD  cable in your Lenovo Y510p laptop.

Yes this might be issue with the LCD cable,  if you move the laptop lid back n forth will the display appears? try to reseat the cable and check for the issue. If the system is under warranty do not open the system as the warranty will be void then please visit the nearest authorised service center and check for the issue. If the system is out of warranty then you can refer the manual and reseat the cable and check.

Click here for the manual.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists.

Best regards,         

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

06-08-2015

Victoria

3 Signins

42 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2015-06-08, 19:13 PM

Hi Ashwin,

Thank you for the quick reply. The warranty is well overdue, but thank you for the maintenance manual, I'll tear it apart later this week when I have some time and see if I can find the issue!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete