Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eschafer
What's DOS?
Views: 2,058
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo y510p Fan noise : grinding / buzzing

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else had experience with an issue I am having.  I just got my new Y510p laptop and a fan has been making a constant buzzing noise.  It sounds like the fan is loose in the housing or ill-fitting and grinding aginst its housing.  I have a y510p with 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GT 750m graphics cards in SLI configuration, with 8gb ram.  The noise is coming from the fan on the left hand side of the computer.  The fan (and noise) starts as soon as the laptop is powered on.  From experience with previous laptops, I believe the CPU is located on the left side and this is a problem with the CPU fan.

I consider this a serious issue, and will be returning the laptop in a few days if the problem presists.  I hope that the fan may "break itself in" over the course of time and the issue resolve itself.

Best Regards,

Erik

lenovokumar
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,042
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo y510p Fan noise : grinding / buzzing

I have recently brought 12 Pcs of IdeaPad Y510p to sold out in Nepal. One of my customer told me he is ireeted while working at night in Peace place due to the Buzz sound which produce in Laptop. After this i checked in my rest of the Laptop and hear the same problems, what is the problem, is this Factory Dafult or some thing.

Moderator Note; subject edited; threads merged

Kumar Gurung
IT Support

MEGAtech
For Complet Tech Solution
3rd Floor, Kings Way Tower
Kings Way, Ghantaghar, Kathmandu
Ph.: 01-4233900, 4233466,4233501
Fax :- 01-4233745
FreedomBot9000
Punch Card
Views: 2,021
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo y510p Fan noise : grinding / buzzing

notice any battery drain while completely turned off as well by any chance? y410p or y510p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors