Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beckeringjon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,768
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo y510p Headphone Jack falling out

Hey everyone. First time posting so go easy on me. I've had my y510p for almost two years now and have no problems with it, absolutely love it. Sure touchpad is weird and a little too sensitive but minor details. Now I'm having a problem with the headphone jack. It works but it is currently starting to fall out. Every time I unplug my headphones the headphone jack comes out maybe halfway (not sure how long it actually is). Would there be a fix to this? It works but I am worried it will completely fall out one day. Would ask Lenovo but I'm not the biggest fan of the way they do their customer support. Also I do not have warranty on it anymore so I can just have it sent in. Any info on a fix would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,757
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo y510p Headphone Jack falling out

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

From what you have described it sounds like the round plastic part of the audio port is coming out with the headphone jack when you unplug it.  If this is correct then the plastic part of the headphone jack is broken.    The only solution to the problem would be to replace the audio / USB board that contains the headphone and microphone ports along with the USB port.  The required part along with the part number is: QIQY6 USB Board W/Cable N14P(Y510p) 90002737.

If you do not wish to send it to Lenovo for service you could try using a local Lenovo Authorized Service Provider for the repair or consult with a local computer repair shop.  The link below is for the locator of an local authorized service provider.  Just enter in your city and check the box for Warranty Service Provider for a listing of local repair places.

http://bplocator.lenovo.com/

Page #85 of your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual show the part in detail.  It would be item #10 in the picture.  Here is a link to that manual for your reference...

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_y410p_y510p_hmm.pdf

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

beckeringjon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,753
Message 3 of 8

Thank you I will take a look at this. Now a question about the part. You are saying its the little plastic part that is broken and there's no way to replace just the little plastic part in diagram 10 instead of the whole part? Luckily there's a shop not far from me I could take into to have looked at as well. But if its something as small as replacing a part I'm fairly confident I can replace it myself. Just never used Lenovo in the past and was wondering if the loose audio jack was common or not in the y510p. But once again thank you or the info I will check into it all.

beckeringjon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,749
Message 4 of 8

Actually I can't seem to find the part online at all. Do you know of a store or website that would sell the part?
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,739
Message 5 of 8

"Now a question about the part. You are saying its the little plastic part that is broken and there's no way to replace just the little plastic part in diagram 10 instead of the whole part?"

Chances are the audio jack on the card is broken into a couple of pieces and is probably not something you can glue back into place.  As for replacing just the audio jack, you would first have to find the part and then someone with soldering skills would have swap the new for the old on the audio / USB board.  From experience I can tell you the soldering is easier than finding the part.

"But if its something as small as replacing a part I'm fairly confident I can replace it myself."

If you are comfortable working inside your laptop, replacing the audio / USB board is a relatively easy project which shouldn't take more than an hour or two.  Just take your time and don't force anything.

"Actually I can't seem to find the part online at all. Do you know of a store or website that would sell the part?"

Do a search on the Internet for the part.  eBay is a good source for used replacement parts as well as Amazon.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

beckeringjon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,734
Message 6 of 8

Alright thanks. I checked both sites couldn't find the part. I'll drive down to the shop nearest me and ask if they might have a retailer or warehouse they get parts from and probably just buy from them. 

beckeringjon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,732
Message 7 of 8

Worse comes to worse I'll just end up buying a $10 USB to Headphone adapter and use that til a part is available.

Howitz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,127
Message 8 of 8

Had the same problem, i pulled the plastic part out a little, put some glue, then pushed it back in place, it never came out again.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors